Skip to content
cjaysmith's profile

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 17th, 2017 7:00 AM

Changing Router WiFi Password error ASCII characters

I'm setting up a field office and our company uses standard wifi network names and passwords through all our field offices.  The COMCAST router tells me I need to provide a password that complies with: WPA requires an 8-63 ASCII character or a 64 hex character password.

So our password is something like (CompanyWorkBlahBlahBlah) including the ASCII characters ( ) on either ends.

When I go to save it I receive an error stating to provide a valid password.

Did some crafty engineers forget all the ASCII characters outside of ABC123 etc?

Help please.

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I tried to alter from the Comcast Biz website that is where I rec'd an error.  I finally logged in to the modem directly at 10.1.10.1 after finding the login info and when I tried to change there I also rec'd an error/timeout so still no luck there.  I will try later when I have more time on the modem itself.  Is it me or are these modems the DPC3941b's a little laggy when you want to go through the menus and make changes.

All my gateways from BU&U (wink wink) for home have always been snappy and responsive.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi cjaysmith and welcome to the business forums.

I would like to assist with your gateway and see what is going on with the passwords you are setting for the wireless network. Please private message me your account number and the name of your business.