Skip to content
Todd_D's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, March 27th, 2014 2:00 PM

CG3000DCR - Port Forwarding firmware bug?

I just signed up with Comcast Business and spent about 3 hours yesterday trying to get port forwarding working.   I was testing from within my own network.  I luckily decided to use my phone and hit it from outside my network.  The port forwarding worked when I did that.

Doing a little searching on google I found someone else who said it was a known "loop back" issue with this gateway.   If you try to hit the gateway IP from the LAN,  it won't port forward correctly.  Is this true?   If so, that's a pretty huge bug to not address immediately.

Todd

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello Todd_D and welcome,

If you could clarify your network interconnect structure that would be helpful.

Assumption 1: If you are using the Comcast Gateway 3000 (CG3K) internal DHCP server, then you can open ANY port you require on ANY standard 10.1.10.10 to 10.1.10.199 dynamic IP specific address. This is more than likely the most common usage compared to Assumption 2.

Assumption 2: If you are using a 1, 5, or 13 block gateway staticIP address on the CG3K, then the firewall link for true static ip subnet only is normally always disabled. However, if this is too security risque, then you can uncheck this and enable the staticIP firewall, then click on Port Forward. Tru Static IP Port Management, then use the block all ports with the following exceptions mode, to add ONLY the specific ports you want to have open. This in my mind's eye is the most secure and controlled means to have ports open on a routable static IP device.

The 1.33.03 is the latest standard firmware. I have seen posts in here about a 1.34.02 - 04. 

Hope this helps you out. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I just checked an my gateway's firmware is 1.33.03.  Does anyone know if that's the latest and if not how to upgrade?

Thanks!

Todd