YoungsTransport's profile

New Contributor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, April 9th, 2018 12:00 PM

Can't login to my router/modem

Comcast Business Account

Cisco router/modem

I have tried passwords  "highspeed" and "canttouchthis" but neither work and now I have been locked out

If I changed the password, I must not have written it down in my book.

How do I get it reset to default?

Thanks

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

Hi YoungsTransport.

I can help with your gateway. You do have the options of factory resetting this which would cause all settings to default as well. If you would like to avoid this, please private message me your first and last name, the name of your business, the full address and the phone number associated with the account.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

That would be correct. You would only be able to leave a comment. If you're looking to rename the device, you would do so on the device itself. 

New Contributor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Gateway.jpg

New Contributor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks so much but I figured out my password

but now I cannot remember how to change the names of my connected devices

to names that will be recognizable to me instead of just numbers.

I tried going to the EDIT tab but it just lets me add notes?

New problem solver

• 

48 Messages

6 years ago

You will need to click on the box that says ADD DEVICE WITH RESERVED IP. Make sure to copy the MAC address of the device you want to give a name. Then you can type a name, put in the MAC and give it an IP. Make sure the IP you give it does not conflict with any other device on the network and is in the DHCP Range which is usually 10.1.10.2 to 10.1.10.253 so really just make sure you do not give two devices the same IP. You can click the name of a device to see the MAC and the current IP it has. Do this one by one until you have them all added. 

I know it takes a while but this will allow you to name them. I have to do it or I am stuck with android-729836749863 on my list so many times. Hope this helps. 

You can make it look similar to this but with the names you want:

Screenshot_1.png