Skip to content
loudog212's profile

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 9th, 2016 8:00 AM

Can not see Connected Devices

The service is working great but my gateway will not display the connected devices.  Look at the picture.  The gateway will tell me that there are 16 devices connected but will not display the details.

There is no firewall, just a switch. DHCP is run thru the comcast gateway.  Any ideas what is happening here? Tech support on the phone wasn't able to provide an answer

http://imgur.com/Wig2Kpc

IMG_0173.JPG

Accepted Solution

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I discovered the same problem on April 21. The Gateway which had previously been displaying the list of connected devices stopped displaying the list. Since management of our network depends on monitoring this list, I contacted customer support on April 24. 

Support analyzed the problem remotely and dispatched a technicial to replace the Gateway the same day. The new Gateway was configured identical to the one being replaced and all was well until April 27. I noticed that many of the attached devices were displaying multiple IP6 addresses and some showed Reserved IP address when no IP address had been configured. 

Today, April 28, the Gateway stopped displaying the Connected Devices list. My suspicion is that there was a software/firmware update that has a bug which manifests itself as a blank device list. Prior to April 21, the Gateway had been working correctly for at least 3 months. 

Despite the lack of the Connected Device List, the Gateway appears to be working correctly for all other functions. 

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

9 years ago

I am not sure what is wrong with your modem's interface but perhaps I can send a factory rest to resolve the issue. If you would like me to try this send me a private message with your account and contact information.

Thank You

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I also cannot see my connected devices anymore. I need to see them in order to manage my port forwarding. If I do a factory reset I will lose all of my port forwarding rules. Is there a way to back up what I already have setup?

Edit: all of my connected devices started showing up again. I did not do anything, they just appeared. Very strange.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I am having the same problem, my list of connected devices appears empty. I wrote down the MAC addresses and assigned IPs when the list was visible, and those IPs still respond to connectivity tests with diagnostic tools, but I cannot handle that list any more. Furthermore, when I try to add a device with reserved IP I always get an "Invlid IP address" alert.

This is how it looks for me:

connected-devices-empty.png

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I can't see mine either which makes it a pain to knock particular devices off my network for troubleshooting. I haven't tried calling tech support yet. Just looking on the internet for help.

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

same issue here -- anyone been given a fix other than new modem?

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

7 years ago

Hello dannyp and welcome to forums.

Prior to sending out a new modem I can push a factory rest from my end to see if it resolves. This process can take up to 40 minutes to complete. Do you have a preferred time of day to complete this reset? (AM|PM)

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am having the same issue.  I did a factory reset and it fixed it.  After a day or so it is back to not showing any device information.  is there a firmware update coming to fix this issue?

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

7 years ago

I apologize but I am not aware of when any firmware updates will be applied to our devices. In the mean time I can push the factory rest on my end, just private message me so I can go over other details with you.

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you pawel-rte

I have completed my rest. Please test your connection and let me know if things improve.

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Same problem in our office on a business account.  Has anybody resolved this w/o factory reset? Seems that reset does not fix it long term.

I rebooted the gateway and the clients were listed for a while, logged in 1 hour later and no clients are listed.

Gateway: DPC3939B

Firmware revision: dpc3939b-v303r20421751-170428a-CMCST

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

7 years ago

Hello pawel-rte and welcome to forums,

I am not sure what is happening with your modem configuration but if you like I can send a factory rest and restore your configuration files once it is complete. If this is an option you would like to take please post or private message me.

Thank You

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

7 years ago

I am not sure what else could be causing this issue. If you like I can send a tech out to swap that modem for you.

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Unfortunately, the problem persists. Multiple clients connected, static DHCP mappings defined for devices which are online, but no devices are listed:

2017-06-08_11-04-03.png2017-06-08_11-02-38.png

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I believe we bought the modem 2 years ago, so I'm guessing we'll have to try ourselves to replace the modem.

Thank you for your help.

Pawel