Skip to content
nozmoking's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, May 12th, 2014 2:00 PM

Business gateway - when port forwarding or other features do not seem to work

I just wanted to post a comment that might help save some frustration - I noticed on my new business gateway with a static IP on the WAN side and DHCP turned off on the LAN side, things like port forwarding, DMZ settings and deny WAN ping did not seem to work even though the gateway saved the new settings. If this happens then be sure to test the features from OUTSIDE your local network before you holler "foul". The features do work but cannot be tested from within the same local network the gateway os connected to.

-cheers 

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello nozmoking and welcome,

Great point you bring out here and thanks much for sharing it. I have found with many Comcast Business Customers (CBCs), especially those with surveilence camera servers, that they are able to check there external remote access by using the staticIP address, i.e. 5.4.3.2 , instead of the actual url and this enables the ability to replicate remote external access from within their intranetwork. However, your point is well taken that there is nothing better that the real remote access.

Thanks again, 

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

The ability to upload files in Share Point has disappeared. It disappeared at corporate HQ and also at remote sites not connected to the company network.  So I have to think it is a system issue.  Has anyone encountered the same issue?

Steve, Academy Auto