Skip to content
MSStateDawg's profile

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, March 4th, 2017 5:00 AM

Approved Cable Modem Models

I'm having some trouble with my business class Internet service. There is occasional disconnect/reconnect. I initially thought it might be my router, but after testing and trial and error I've determined that resetting only the modem and not the router will make the issue go away (for 2 or 3 weeks, then repeats).

I'm thinking about replacing the cable modem (which I currently own), but I need to know what are the approved cable modem models for Comcast Business Class Internet service.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

8 years ago

Hello MSStateDawg,

Here is the list of approved business retail modems per speed tier.  

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

8 years ago

I do apologize but at this time these are the hardware options available. As our hardware list expands the page mentioned here will be updated. Please check back for updates.

Thank You

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Starter, Deluxe 25, Deluxe 50, Deluxe 75, Deluxe 100 Plus Speed Tiers

Just have 2 wireless gateways which DPC3941B and DPC3939B which are even not available easily.

What are other options.

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you. Is there any one model you would recommend over the others regarding performance and reliability? Are you allowed to make such a recommendation which would relieve me of hours of almost pointless Amazon review reading?

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

7 years ago

Unfortunately each device has its strength depending on what you are trying to do. It has been my personal experience that in properly maintaining network infrastructure one should consider their own routing equipment. Different needs in wireless to wired access, static IP routing, load-balancing are just the first few things that come to mind. With that you can start a new thread asking opinions on favorite modem, you can also check with our forum contributors on their thoughts for a good modem choice. I hope this helps.

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks, but I was referring to modems, not routers.

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

7 years ago

I apologize if my response was not clear but the DPC3941B and DPC3939B are different modems that service different routing capabilities. Those routing capabilities are the strengths and weaknesses that I am speaking about. Aside from this, both modems maintain internet connections rather consistently. Both perform at a similar level and are capable of true bridge mode, leaving the routing capabilities as the defining point on these devices. Due to the many different needs in routing each modem has different features that you may find useful or useless. Many customers find that purchasing their own router eliminates the need for choosing modems as they both are consistent in delivering internet service. This is why my first personal suggestion is to purchase a router, then next to ask other customers about their experience with these different models.

To sum things up...

I have no choice when it comes to the modem capabilities. To add your own router eliminates the need to choose any modem.

The routing features of those modems have pros and cons, and it may be best to ask other customers about their experiences. I hope this better explains my answer.