Skip to content
jamesdav1's profile

New problem solver

• 

16 Messages

Friday, June 9th, 2017 11:00 AM

Any Way to Have DHCP for IPv4 Disabled in XB3 Router?

Option is missing to disabled DHCP for IPv4 on a XB3 router. Any way of doing this without putting into bridge mode? I don't mind using the xfinity as a gateway but have Windows domain controller that handles DHCP & DNS.

Really dissapointed in Comcast. I guess they are going the way of UVerse in not having options in routers to disabled DHCP. I just don't get why they don't realize they are selling into the business segment that often have servers that need to handle certain services.

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

7 years ago

Hello jamesdav1 and welcome to forums,

I apologize if any lack of function is causing a problem with your services. With the your router XB3 is this for your residential account?

New problem solver

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

It is a business but maybe they signed up for a residential account, I don't know. This is a customer of mine.

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you jamesdav1,

Would you be able to send me a private message with their account number so I can better answer your question?

Thank You

New problem solver

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

Hi, thanks for the reply, but we ended up just setting static DNS entries on all their workstations. It's a pain to have to do that but we were on-site out of town and had to get it working then.

Just so I know in the future though, is there any way for you to disable IPv4 on the XB3? If not, when we come across them, we'll just plan on putting them in bridge mode and selling the customer a router/firewall that works properly with a Windows domain network.

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you jamesdav1,

Unfortunately at this time I do not have access to remove the IPv4 DHCP on the XB3. We are always looking to expand our experience for our customers and I will be suggesting access to disable this feature for our business customers. Please feel free to message or post with more questions.

Thank You