Skip to content
Velocity300's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 28th, 2015 2:00 PM

Activation Page issues

I have a CG3000DR and my IT guy who set everything up has disappeared underground. I reset and can login into router as all of you kindly advised, but now asking for things and activation page I don't know because he set everything up. Any suggestions? ? Thank you. I would assume I can find the account number but username or password or even phone number and which email used I have no idea. Any help help??

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello Velocity300 and welcome,

You should not be seeing any "activation email and password" when using your Comcast Gateway (CG3000DCR) to access the internet. You will need to contact 800-391-3000, use high speed internet technical option, and ask the technical agent to check the following:

1. make sure your CG  is in the biller and in active status
2. make sure that your CG is provisioned correctly
3. make sure the correct boot-file with your speed is loaded

4. make sure that the technical agent can log into your CG, check all internal setting

Hope this helps you out.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

When I open up Firefox, it immediately route to an Xfinity activation page. You hit continue in the yellow box and have the option to login with a username and password. You can also use a phone number and account number and if you click forgot password, it asks a security question for your favorite pet and zip code. I had no part of the setup when this was done obviously a learning lesson for next time and for now it just seems kind of strange that no matter where you go it takes you right back to that activation page. Is there anything that can be done with the Mac number? Honestly I don't even know what name or email he used when the account was set up. That's why he's the IT guy right, lol. Any help I would gladly and sincerely appreciate it, thank you again