Skip to content
W

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, March 26th, 2021 4:33 AM

Activation Failure

I called to activate my newly purchased Netgear CM1200. I spoke with a representative who took the model, MAC address, and serial number. She repeated the correct information back to me and said everything should be good to go in 15 minutes or so.

I waited 15 minutes and was still getting the Xfinity walled garden/activation page so decided to call for support. The automated phone prompts suggested a restart which I agreed to and the restart signal was successful. The phone system said to call back if I was still having issues.

I am still getting the Xfinity walled garden/activation page so called back. Now the phone prompts state that they recently restarted my modem and asked if I was still having issues. When I say, "yes," the phone rings and then disconnects my call so I cannot speak with a person to resolve my issues. I have now tried calling multiple times and the call keeps being disconnected.

This is unacceptable customer service. I need to be up and running by tomorrow morning in order to accomplish any work and I expect someone to put this right. This poor experience has me considering switching to a more responsive service provider. I have been a loyal business customer for years and have had decent service with very little need for tech support but this situation has me very frustrated and disillusioned.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, @worshipunashamed! Thanks for reaching out to us here. I know how important it is to have the modem up and running and I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience. Rest assured we're here to help with activating the modem. Please send us a chat message with your name and address so we can further assist. We look forward to hearing from you. 

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I cannot find you in the peer to peer messaging area. Do I send it to the @Comcast Business  profile?

(edited)

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Tried that. No response. I tried searching you again but cannot find you @Comcast_Bianca. I think you may have to message me.

(edited)