Skip to content
Piper210's profile

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 27th, 2015 9:00 AM

ACCESSING REMOTE SECURITY CAMERAS

I have security cameras in Arizona and I want to remotely monitor them from Illinois and I can’t.

I was told there is a setting on the Cisco router is not allowing me to.

In Arizona I have CENTURYLINK Actiontec MODEL C1000A router the cameras have a static IP address

In Illinois I have Comcast Cisco MODEL DPC3939B router.

Is there a setting? I can access the cameras fine with my 4G devices, just not when I go through my intrnet service in Illinois

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello Piper210 and welcome,

Nope, your IL DPC3939B has no restrictive means preventing you from accessing your AZ cameras. This is true as long as your Camera Service Provider gave you the correct URL to remotely access the cameras AND the ports on your Camera Server Modem are correctly opened for that staticIP address it is using. So, this issue you are having has nothing to do with your DPC393B.

Hope this helps you out.

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

The Cameras Port is open and the access ifo is correct. I have had them troubleshoot it all day. I can access it with my 4G devices, I can access it at Starbucks and with AT&T internet service. Its just that when I try with Comcast it will not allow me to connect.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Really does make an sense. Are you sure you are use the correct browser type access when you are on the Comcast internet service?