Skip to content
compunuts's profile

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 21st, 2015 3:00 AM

Static IP inbound traffic isn't allowing in

Hi,

Since Comcast came and switched my gateway with SMCD3G-CCR, my static IP ( I have 1 only) doesn't work anymore. I've disabled both

Disable Firewall for True Static IP Subnet Only
Disable Gateway Smart Packet Detection 

as well as making sure that "Disable all rules and allow all inbound traffic through" is checked in "true static IP port management" area of "Port Configuration" tab.

I have an apache2 server running and I can see the default page when accessing via its own IP address I've assigned ( and given by comcast ). I can ping all IP addresses including gateway within subnet, comcast DNS and google.com . When using online ping tools ( e.g ping.eu/ping/ ), I'm able to ping the gateway's WAN IP address as well as its web interface. BUT I'm UNABLE to access the site hosted on my computer with static IP.

I've read through a lot of docs and still no dice.

Thanks.

Ref :

http://businesshelp.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/using-a-static-ip/

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Domain-Names-Static-IP/Static-IP-Configuration/m-p/21263#U21263

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello compunuts and welcome,

Please see my comments below.  Thanx.

Since Comcast came and switched my gateway with SMCD3G-CCR, my static IP ( I have 1 only) doesn't work anymore. I've disabled both

Disable Firewall for True Static IP Subnet Only
Disable Gateway Smart Packet Detection 

In Firewall segment you need to make sure that both of the above have a check mark in them.

as well as making sure that "Disable all rules and allow all inbound traffic through" is checked in "true static IP port management" area of "Port Configuration" tab.

I always recommend use the "Block all port with the following exceptions" due to ONLY having the specific ports open that you need for intuitive security reasons. Apparently if you are dealing with a webserver, then ports 80 and 1080 usually MUST be guarranteed to be open and you can force this by adding a rule under this setting for the routable static IP address device.

I have an apache2 server running and I can see the default page when accessing via its own IP address I've assigned ( and given by comcast ). I can ping all IP addresses including gateway within subnet, comcast DNS and google.com . When using online ping tools ( e.g ping.eu/ping/ ), I'm able to ping the gateway's WAN IP address as well as its web interface. BUT I'm UNABLE to access the site hosted on my computer with static IP.

Please make sure that your apache server is directly enet cable connected to an SMC LanPort 1-4 interconnect. After you make sure of this, then make sure you can ping the routable static IP address, from the internet, that you have used for the appache server network static IP configuration. If you cannot ping this then your network configuration is not programmed correctly. If you can ping this device, then you should be able to access your server website , as long as the ports 80, 1080, etc. are open.

Hope some of this helps you out.

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hi compunuts.  I verified that the configuration file on the gateway is has the correct settings to allow inbound traffic.  Also  I received the below message by plugging the routeable IP into a browser.  

It works!

This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.

Please let me know if additional assistance is needed for this issue.

Thank You

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

It's routing now. Thank you for your great assistance.