Skip to content
mk9pa's profile

New Contributor

• 

10 Messages

Friday, March 31st, 2023 4:07 AM

Static IP in blocklist due to abuse by other IPs

Hello, recently I have found that my static IP is on the dnsbl-2.uceprotect.net blocklist, which is causing many sites to reject my outgoing HTTP/HTTPS requests including to banks, government sites, etc. This has become quite a problem.

The documentation for this blocklist is at https://www.uceprotect.net/en/index.php?m=7&s=0 and states that being on the level 2 blocklist is not because of abuse from my IP address, but from other IP addresses in the block mine is part of. And, that only the owner of that entire IP block can remove the listing by resolving the abuse from that entire block.

Is this something Comcast can help with?

Official Employee

• 

21 Messages

1 year ago

Hi there! I would love to take a closer look. 

Please send me a private message with your name and address to get started. 

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

New Contributor

• 

10 Messages

@Comcast_Sheila​ not sure how to do this, nobody matching Xfinity Support shows up when I try searching. A ComcastBiz_Support entry does show up.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Not to worry, thank you for letting us know. We got you covered. :)

Please send us a direct message using the steps below with your full name, business name, full address, and phone number. By clicking the "message" icon in the upper right page of our forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle (Comcast Business) to send us a private message.

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon in the top right corner
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there
  • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list
  • - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Our whole block of staic ip's are on the UCEPROTECTL2/L3 blocklist.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

You can find the static IP information and details using the steps outlined at the following link: 
https://business.comcast.com/support/article/internet/comcast-business-internet-view-your-static-ip-address
From here, you may be able to determine perhaps why they are listed there. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

My individual ip's are not blacklisted it is the ip block "50.128.0.0/9" that is the problem this is something Comcast has to fix.

Networks Status Level 1 listed abusers
within the last 7 days
Impacts in this net
within the last 7 days
Level 2 Escalation limit
by Impacts
Optional express delisting
WARNING!
PROBLEM MUST BE FIXED FIRST
TO PREVENT NEW LISTINGS
50.128.0.0/9 LISTED

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same problem

Networks this IP belongs to

Networks Status Level 1 listed abusers
within the last 7 days
Impacts in this net
within the last 7 days
Level 2 Escalation limit
by Impacts
Optional express delisting
WARNING!
TO PREVENT NEW LISTINGS
  173.160.0.0/13 LISTED
Not available at this time.
Listingcounter is still growing !
Check this Range again in 60 Minutes

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

Did anyone ever get an answer to this.  We are constantly be black listed and cannot send emails to comcast.net.  

Official Employee

• 

20 Messages

Hello, @SMS. Thank you for reaching out over Comcast Business Forums, you have contacted the right place in regard to the black listing. We do have a great site were you can report issues with not being able to send e-mail to comcast.net: https://spa.xfinity.com/ > Report > then in the drop down options you would want to select the I'm not able to send email option. 

New Contributor

• 

9 Messages

Here we go again.... The entire Comcast Business network (96.64.0.0/11) is listed on UCEPROTECTL2 and other ISPs are blocking our legit email even though our mail server IP has never been individually listed.

Our employees are not getting important messages sent through the SMTP to SMS gateway, and this is alienating numerous customers as orders are not delivered.

I do not recommend Comcast Business for any business customer that needs reliable email delivery. Comcast ignores spam/abuse reports and allows spammers to continue sending UCE through the Comcast network. Innocent customers are then punished when other ISPs block the entire Comcast class B subnet,as is the case now. And since the spam level is increasing, there is no end to the blocking in sight (see below).

@Comcast_JustinC: The reporting URL you posted above (https://spa.xfinity.com/ ) is useless in this case. The drop down menu does not have an option to report delivery problems SENDING mail from a Comcast IP, only for sending mail TO a Comcast.net customer.

Emails to abuse@comcast.net go unanswered, as more and more spam is being allowed.

Don't use Comcast for your business internet if you don't want your company's email to be associated with spammers, and blocked accordingly.

Reputation of ASN 7922 | COMCAST-7922, US

AS Status Spamscore Provider has
total IP's
Level 1 listed abusers
within the last 7 days
Impacts from Level 1 Level 3 Escalation limit by Impacts Optional express delisting
WARNING!
TO PREVENT NEW LISTINGS
7922 WARNING
High Listingrisk
Not available

DETAILS ABOUT ALL ABUSER IP's LISTED IN LEVEL 1 AND THEIR IMPACTS CAN BE FOUND HERE! 

Link of this Query: http://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php?ipr=96.64.0.0

(edited)

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

Did someone get this resolved?

I am experiencing the same issue with my organization. My IP falls in one those ranges that is being blocked by UCEPROTECTL2.

Official Employee

• 

87 Messages

@user_99df7e Thank you for reaching out on our Comcast Business Forums. I can understand the frustration if you have a blocked IP. What we recommend is to call our Customer Security Assurance team at 1-888-565-4329 for assistance.

New problem solver

• 

10 Messages

24 days ago

For any others that stumble across this, do an internet search for "uceprotect scam".

You'll see lots of reports that they are effectively set up as a pay to remove and are not a terribly legitimate RBL to be using for blocking IPs.

My Comcast statics have been on the UCEProtect Level 2 db for years.  I've not encountered any issues with mail delivery.

I don't think being listed is a serious concern today.  I also don't think anyone still uses UCEProtect for blocking of IP's.  If you do encounter that, you're more likely to convince whoever that is to stop using UCEProtect than to get your IP removed from the UCEProtect listing.