Skip to content
ed-todd's profile

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, February 13th, 2016 9:00 PM

SIP Protocol, DPC 3941B

I went over to Comcast Business a few days ago to get a static IP address for my SIP server and am having problems: I am a developer producing an industry specific VoIP package.

My old modem (DPC 3008) and router (TP Link WR1043-ND) did the job fine, but with temporary/internal IP address.

When I swap the cables and change the IP addresses, I get various errors. Address in use problems, links left enabled and 'no answer' messages from SIP.

I mentioned what I was trying to do when I placed the order and was not warned of this sort of problem. So what is the solution: any answer that stops my SIP server working is not acceptable.

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

9 years ago

My hunch is that the DPC3941B has one of those notorious "SIP ALGs" (application layer gateways) that needs to be disabled. Unfortunately, since the Cisco is a Comcast-controlled device, there may not be much you can do. Try going to http://10.1.10.1 and logging in with username=cusadmin password=highspeed, and browse around and look for an option to disable SIP ALG.

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

A little more explanation.

Devices:

1. DPC3941B
  2. DPC3008
  3. TP Link WR1043-ND
  4. PC running Windows 10 and VoIP control application
  5. IPhone running VoIP client application
  6. PC running Debian Linux and KAMailIO server

Object:

PC must be able to (via an IPhone) monitor, view operator and carry out control operations on other devices not part of the VoIP application.

Connection is made by the IPhone and shows on the PC screen, along with audio and video of operator at appropriate times.

Test Scenarios:

The original scenario is before I switched to Comcast Business.

DPC3008 with WR1043-ND, items D and F connected via cable to router, item D connected via WIFI to router. All works well, but not with a static IP. Server can only be reached via local network.

After switching to Comcast Business:

DPC3941B, items D and F connected via cable to router, item D connected via WIFI to router. Does not work, various errors including loopback failure at F. SIP messages cannot get back onto network from server.

DPC3941B and WR1043-ND, items D and F connected via cable to WR1043-ND, item D connected via WIFI to WR1043-ND. Does not work, various errors including loopback failure at F. SIP messages cannot get back onto network from server.

DPC3941B and WR1043-ND, items D and F connected via cable to WR1043-ND, item D connected via WIFI to DPC3941B. Does not work, various errors including loopback failure at F. SIP messages cannot get back onto network from server.

A repeat of the original configuration, DPC3008 with WR1043-ND, items D and F connected via cable to router, item D connected via WIFI to router. The internet connection no longer works, but the VoIP application still works well. Server can only be reached via local network.

I have been signed on (many, many times...) and have not found anything to help me in that area! If there is something in there to help me, I would need a pointer from someone who can map those menus into whatever it is I need. Otherwise the system is useless.

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

My ordered list got changed from letters to numbers when I pasted from Word... The Windows PC and Linux/KAMailio server are connected into the described server via cable and the IPhone via WIFI.

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Retype for spelling correction. Network issues

Devices:

1. DPC3941B
  2. DPC3008
  3. TP Link WR1043-ND
  4. PC running Windows 10 and VoIP control application
  5. IPhone running VoIP client application
  6. PC running Debian Linux and KAMailIO server

Object:

PC must be able to (via an IPhone) monitor, view operator and carry out control operations on other devices not part of the VoIP application.

Connection is made by the IPhone and shows on the PC screen, along with audio and video of operator at appropriate times.

Test Scenarios:

The original scenario is before I switched to Comcast Business.

DPC3008 with WR1043-ND, PCs connected via cable to router, IPhone connected via WIFI to router. All works well, but not with a static IP. Server can only be reached via local network.

After switching to Comcast Business:

DPC3941B, PCs connected via cable to router, IPhone connected via WIFI to router. Does not work, various errors including loopback failure. SIP messages cannot get back onto network from server.

DPC3941B and WR1043-ND, PCs connected via cable to WR1043-ND, IPhone connected via WIFI to WR1043-ND. Does not work, various errors including loopback failure. SIP messages cannot get back onto network from server.

DPC3941B and WR1043-ND, PCs connected via cable to WR1043-ND, IPhone connected via WIFI to DPC3941B. Does not work, various errors including loopback failure. SIP messages cannot get back onto network from server.

A repeat of the original configuration, DPC3008 with WR1043-ND, PCs connected via cable to router, IPhone connected via WIFI to router. The internet connection no longer works, but the VoIP application still works well. Server can only be reached via local network.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

hello ed-todd and welcome,

Your DPC3941 latest FW should be default disabling SIP-ALG. So, if you need the standard SIP 5060, 5061, etc. Static IP ports open then you must log into your DPC3941 Comcast Gateway, go to advanced, then click on Port Management and this is to setup or open ports on any Static IP address you are using, like the one for your SIP server.

When you received your static IP for your SIP server from Comcast you receive Static IP Routable. Gateway, and subnet mask addresses. So, whatever you have for the Static IP Routable address is what you will use to open these ports on your SIP Server. It should look something like - Port5060 5060 5060 both static-routable-ip-address and if you are using secured SIP then same as port 5060 except change to 5061.

Hope this helps you out.