Skip to content
SeldenFox's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 7th, 2017 12:00 PM

Reverse DNS settings

HI,

I was wondering how I would go about setting PTR's for our static IP's. Currently we have one set that is pointing to the wrong server and causing some e-mail issues (rejected due to RDNS mismatched).  Can I just send a list to someone with our 4-5 Static IP's along with the address we would like to have it going? I didn't see anywhere for me to do this myself.

Any information would be helpful. 

Thank you,

Andrew

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I too am needing to do this with at least one of my IPs

According to this post http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Domain-Names-Static-IP/How-to-configure-Reverse-DNS-PTR-and-MX-records-for-private/m-p/32004/jump-to/first-unread-message  we need to contact comcast to have them create it. I'm going to try submitting a ticket to have it done.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi SeldenFox. I just responded to your private message. Please send a reply there.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi CameronR and welcome to the support forums.

I can definitely help with your PTR request. For verification purposes, please private message me your full name, the full service address and the phone number associated on the account. Also, please provide your static information and the name server it should be pointing to.