Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, June 21st, 2022 5:45 PM

Reverse DNS (PTR Record) Request

Who can help me with identifying my current PTR Records if any exist and adding/editing them?

Thank you

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

2 years ago

Hi there, @user_3c0a1f I can help with your PTR record request. Please private message me your full name, the name of your business, the full address of your business location and the phone number associated with your business account. Please also include the static address you would like to use along with where you would like that to resolve to. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@Comcast_Richard​ I was needing help with a PTR record. Are you able to help? Thanks

Official Employee

• 

33 Messages

Hi, @jfeldt80, please send us a private message and we can continue there! We should be able to get this sorted out for you. 

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

HI Richard, 

Your name is not one of the options in the private message.  Not sure how to PM you.

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

Hi @user_3c0a1f

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click the New Message icon.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to field.
  5. Type the reply in the Message box.
  6. Click Enter to send your message.

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Hi Richard,

As you can see in the screen shot, i'm doing that.  It gives me a pre-populated list of names to select from.  I can't force "Comcast_Richard" in the To: field.  If i press enter after entering your name, it clears it out.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

Hey @user_3c0a1f, Can you try these steps to see if it works?

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Thank you! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

I'm sorry, it only gives me the "direct messaging" option.  When i start a new conversation, again neither you or Xfinity Support are listed.  See screen shot of my upper right corner of this page .  Is it possible to do this through a phone call?

Official Employee

• 

24 Messages

I'm sorry this is not working out for us through direct messaging. You can contact our awesome business team by phone at 1.855.474.4515