Skip to content
mfraase's profile

New problem solver

• 

17 Messages

Tuesday, October 6th, 2020 6:00 PM

Relinquish leased /28 subnet?

After 41 years, we've decided to roll up our LLC. The LLC has been dissolved and we've ceased operations. Accordingly, I no longer need our leased /28 subnet.

We're under contract through June 2021; I'd like to know if I can relinquish the subnet and the required Comcast-managed modem, thereby avoiding the associated add-on fees.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

272 Messages

4 years ago

Hello, how are you? I hope my reply finds you at a good time and your day is going well.  I am very sorry to hear about the news with your business. I can only imagine how challenging this must be. Are you looking to close the entire account? If yes, this is something that must be taken care of by calling our loyalty team at 1-800-391-3000. I am sorry we don't close business accounts on forums, but we are here to do all we can in every circumstance. Have you already called in by chance?

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

Hi Joseph,

It was time to close the business and we have no regrets. It was a good run.

I absolutely don't want to close the account, just relinquish the /28 subnet and get out from under the managed modem.

I'll call the Comcast loyalty folks later today or tomorrow.

Thanks for your response.

Problem solver

• 

348 Messages

4 years ago

You are more than welcome and would it be okay for our team to follow up tomorrow to make sure that our loyalty team was able to get this taken care of for you? 

New problem solver

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

Sure, feel free to follow-up most any time.

I called Comcast Business Loyalty and Lisa immediately understood my requests, assured me that I would be able to relinquish my IP address block and would no longer be billed for that. She said that as soon as I get my own modem ordered and in hand, her department would take care of making sure I was no longer billed for the equipment fee. She then got a technician, Robert, on the line to remove the /28 IP address block. Robert knew precisely what to do and was remarkably personable.

All in all a remarkably pleasant experience with Comcast Business.

Official Employee

• 

272 Messages

4 years ago

Awesome, I am very glad you had a good experience and Robert made the right changes to your account. I am always happy to hear positive news like this! Since it seems like everything was taken care of on the call we won't schedule a follow-up but if something comes up please let us know. We tend to follow up after phone calls because we don't like making it seem like we are just sending you in another direction. We wish you the best, have a great night, and know we are always here to help 🙂