Skip to content
roncronen's profile

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, January 19th, 2016 10:00 AM

rDNS request

Hi,

We have a new /28 subnet from Comcast Business. I would like to have the rDNS delegation set to dnsmadeeasy so we can manage our PTR records. I have seen another post were this has been set up for that customer. How do I get this implemented?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

226 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for visiting out Comcast Business Support Forums page. I can help you with your PTR request! Please, send me a message with your full name, address, phone number and, the IP address and Domain you need the IP to point to.

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I called the 1-800-741-4141 number listed in another post and after a few transfers around I have a ticket opened to set up delegating our static IPs to dnsmadeeasy.

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

9 years ago

Hello roncronen,

Sorry for the delayed response. Has your request been completed by our phone support?

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Hi Michael,

There is still an open request. I do not see that it has been completed. The reverse zone I set up on DNS Made Easy still reports it is not authorative. Can you look into this?

Thanks

Ron Cronnwett

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

rDNS delegatuion still not not seem to be working. A reverse DNS trace to one of my IP's ends at a Comcast DNS server. It never continues on to dnsmadeeasy.com.

Resolved DNS server name "dns104.comcast.net" to IP address 68.87.68.244

Sending request to "dns104.comcast.net" (68.87.68.244)

Received authoritative (AA) response:
-> Header: Non-Existent Domain

Any idea what is going on?

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I've been trying to have reverse DNS for our address space delegated to the DNS servers we use. I originally inquired about this on Jan 19. I was contacted by Comcast_Michael and sent him the required information. Comcast_Michael said he updated our /28 block to point to the DNS we use on Jan 27. But it does seem to be working. Any reverse query I make to one of our IP's dies at dns104.comcast.net.

Can anyone check if this has been implemented and if so why it is not forwarding requests on to the dns service we use? The reverse queries should be delegated to ns0.dnsmadeeasy.com and ns1.dnsmadeeasy.com.

Here is a reverse DNS trace responce I am seeing (obfuscated) :

Tracing DNS delegation for "xx.xx.83.96.in-addr.arpa" (reverse DNS for IP 96.83.xx.xx):

Sending request to "z.arin.net" (199.212.0.63)

Received referral response - DNS servers for "83.96.in-addr.arpa":

-> dns105.comcast.net (no IP address)
-> dns101.comcast.net (no IP address)
-> dns104.comcast.net (no IP address)
-> dns102.comcast.net (no IP address)
-> dns103.comcast.net (no IP address)
Attempting to resolve DNS server name "dns105.comcast.net" (details not logged)

Resolved DNS server name "dns105.comcast.net" to IP address 68.87.72.244

Sending request to "dns105.comcast.net" (68.87.72.244)

Received authoritative (AA) response:
-> Header: Non-Existent Domain

Visitor

• 

226 Messages

5 years ago

If you currently have Static IP's with Comcast, we would need to set the PTR for you. 

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

We would like to provision our own reverse DNS using DNS Made Easy. Can you help?

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

in a previous thread you were able to help someone else provision their own rDNS

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

we are attempting to do same thing. did you ever get Comcast to allow you to provision your own rDNS?

Visitor

• 

226 Messages

5 years ago

I see, thanks! We did help this customer with the rDNS request form our side. We don't allow a third-party company to take over the authority for our IP's though. I apologize for any confusion. If you'd like us to set that up for you, shoot me a private message and we'll get that set up for you.

Visitor

• 

226 Messages

5 years ago

We can only set up the PTR from our side being that we are the authority for the IP. . Can you post the link on the thread you're referring to?