Skip to content
U

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 28th, 2024 2:53 PM

Poor performance using Static IP

Good morning. I recently had my Business Class service upgraded to the highest speed tier available in our area (1.25 Gbps down / 35 Mbps up). As part of the "upgrade" my modem was replaced. Since the modem was replaced, my network's performance has significantly diminished. There appears to be an artificial rate limit imposed on the modem restricting speeds to a fraction of the theoretical maximum. I get about 95 mbps down and around 33 up. 

The current modem is a Technicolor CGA4332COM, hardware version 2.3. 

I've opened multiple tickets and a technician visited our site to troubleshoot the issue. He observed the poor performance over the static IP but attributed it to my local network. I explained that the only change to the network was the Comcast modem. He left and closed the trouble ticket. 

There is a similar post here: https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/conversations/domain-namesstatic-ip/slow-upload-on-static-ips/61b292e1e41a4a46af41a768 so I am not the only customer having these issues. 

If my ticket had been escalated instead of being closed, I feel that someone with the Network Operations team would have resolved it by now. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in a support loop so I am turning to the forums for help. 

Official Employee

• 

79 Messages

5 months ago

@user_c8b6e6 Hi there! Our awesome team will be happy ot look into this further for you. 

Please send us a direct message with your full name, business name, full address, and phone number.

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right corner

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there

• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list

• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

• 

2 Messages

Hello and thank you for the reply. I just sent a DM as requested.