Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 25th, 2021 4:47 PM

Our customers are experiencing problems because our domain is being blocked by SecurityEdge

Some of our customers who are using Comcast Business and SecurityEdge has been experiencing problems with their apps not working due to SecurityEdge blocking our domain trebow.com   We are also Comcast Business customers ourselves, and we experienced the same problems two months ago until we called and had Comcast disable SecurityEdge. 

Problem solver

• 

43 Messages

3 years ago

Hello and Happy Tuesday, User_3b5871! I hope you had a great weekend! I also appreciate you taking a moment out of your day to reach out to us on our Business Community Forums! You’ve reached the best place and perfect person to help with virtually all of your account needs! Going forward, I'm truly sorry to hear in regard to our SecuirtyEdge platform blocking out your domain and not allowing your customers to access your website. Did you know that there are actually really great web filtering tools within the SEcuirtyEdge settings that both you and your customers can toggle through to disable any blocking that is associated with your URL? To learn more about these awesome management tools with our SecuirtyEdge services, please follow the information here: https://business.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/securityedge-manage-settings/

(edited)

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

You are asking me to tell non-technical customers who probably have zero access or the required tech knowledge to modify their SecurityEdge settings? They don't have access to those settings! 

Just some background, I had to call multiple times over months even though I manage three sites with disabled SecurityEdge (we use our own routers and don't need the service). It took us a couple of months to figure out with traceroute's that even with it disabled, SecurityEdge would somehow reactivate by itself even when it showed as disabled. And it was only about a month ago, that a Comcast level 2 tech used some backdoor method to "permanently" turn off SecurityEdge. 

Please just research why our domain is being blocked on SecurityEdge. Fix the problems, or allow your business customers to opt out of SecurityEdge without doubling to tripling their monthly fees. 

Problem solver

• 

43 Messages

My sincere apologies once again for the frustrations here and in no way am I trying to make this process any more complicated for you or your customers. I'm only suggesting the simple setting features that come with our SecurityEdge product such as the Block and Allow List to ensure your website URL is not added. We will definitely be sure your feedback is passed forward regarding our SecurityEdge services and the website blocking situation taking place with your site. As a side note, SecurityEdge is not something that is required with a Business account so if this is still causing issues for your customers, I recommend reaching out to ur Business sales support at 1-800-391-3000 and they should be able to make the necessary adjustments to remove the services going forward. I do apologize once again for any hassle and sincerely appreciate all your time today. 

I no longer actively support the Comcast Business Forum