Skip to content
kevinmcmurtrie's profile

Frequent Contributor

• 

36 Messages

Thursday, May 19th, 2016 10:00 PM

New e-mail nightmare

I made the mistake of creating a test e-mail account on Comcast Business.  First, that permanently replaced my proper contact e-mail and login.  Customer support says they can't fix that and I'm stuck forever logging is with this test account that I can not edit or manage.  OK, fine, I'll use the stupid kevin@pixelmemoryus.comcastbiz.net.  Second problem is that there's no MX record or SMTP login for this domain.  Is there a fix for all of this besides letting my contract expire so that the test e-mail account dies?

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hello kevinmcmurtrie and welcome,

You need to recontact 800-391-3000, use the highspeed internet technical option, and inform the technical agent to open a Tier 2 Engineering Email ticket to have your test email changed to exactly what you want it to be. This is something that can definitively be done.

After this is accomplished, you should be able to login to your email account, then under Manage Servvices, click Email, then select the View DNS Info link and thisis where all your MX, POP, SMTP, etc. addresses can be found for your domains.

Frequent Contributor

• 

36 Messages

8 years ago

The best support could do was fix the broken DNS records for my e-mail address so it functioned.  They can't restore the primary contact e-mail.