Skip to content
Bradipo's profile

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

Tuesday, December 3rd, 2019 6:00 AM

Need to delegate our Reverse DNS lookups

Hi, we are looking to delegate our reverse DNS lookups to our DNS Hosting provider.

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to the Digital Care Team here through the forums. You have reached the right team to help get this taken care of. Can you please send a private message with your name, the full address, and phone/account number? -Anisa 

Official Employee

• 

128 Messages

5 years ago

Hey Andy, 

It's Ken. I'm using my personal email on the forums as we will be transitioning away from the Comcastbiz_support handle. Have you heard back from Sean Evans since Sunday regarding your reverse DNS request? 

Ken

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

5 years ago

Ken,

I have not heard back from Sean about this issue.

I apologize for not responding sooner, I wasn't aware that you had left me a response.  Thank you for asking.

I know that Comcast can do this; it seems to be simply a matter of contacting the right person willing to work with the customer.  I have also seen it referred to as "IP Scope Delegation to Customer Name Server" and have found posts like these that indicate that Comcast does set this up for their customers, which leaves me wondering why is this taking over 6 months to have Comcast setup?

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31894620-DNS-Classless-Reverse-DNS-Delegation-with-Comcast

Official Employee

• 

128 Messages

5 years ago

Hey Bradipo. Thanks for following up. I'll respond to your private message with some next steps. 

Ken