Skip to content
MandarinCreative's profile

New Contributor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, June 6th, 2018 9:00 AM

NAT Hairpin / IP Relection ?? - Need to get to server on static IP from internal

We run 2 servers using two of our static IP addresses.  We're using the Comcast Business Gateway - BWG device.  I can post a Serial if needed.

In a nutshell, we need to be able to connect directly to these two servers (that have an external 50.253.68.* IP) from an internal 10.1.10.* address.  Seems somewhat insane that we pay almost $200 / month and yet we have to use a smartphone hotspot to connect to a server that is 5 feet away.

Based on old postings here - older modems didnt' support this.  What are our options as it's reached a critical point?

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

Hi MandarinCreative and welcome to the business forums.

Thanks for your question on your statics. However, since the servers are past the Comcast Business demarcation and not within the Comcast network, I wouldn't be able to advise on how to set that up per policy. I can advise though that you may want to look into using your own router for the LAN configuration and using the gateway in passthrough mode.

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Equipment-Modems-Gateways/True-Bridge-Mode-vs-Pass-Through-Mode/m-p/21260#M2402

Please let me know if you need anything.