Skip to content
yountod's profile

• 

3 Messages

Friday, August 3rd, 2018 9:00 AM

Must have solution for routing problems from DHCP network to Static IP's

There are too many posts about routing problems between the Local NAT network and the "True IP" static IP's.  We are experiencing the same on all five servers we operate.  These servers are all FINE if I take them home and run them on my residential Comcast router with port forwarding!  Yet in the office we have dropped SSH sessions, disappearing websites and other strange anomolies.

PLEASE post some helpful information on these routing problems -

One example post, so that I don't have to repeat the symptoms:  http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Domain-Names-Static-IP/DHCP-to-Static-issues-and-cannot-manage-modem/td-p/34070

We are in the same boat - services degrade over time until we can't see our own servers.  Pull the plug on the router, and when it comes back up it's OK for a while until it degrades again.  Service from outside our office remains fine.

Please help! 

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I would add that when I start losing connection between the LAN and the static IP devices, the Comcast router admin interface performance starts degrading, and when we go to the "connected devices" screen all lists of devices are blank.

We've already had techs out to replace the router/modem and done that dance.  It's not defective hardware.

Please help.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

Hi yountod and welcome to the business forums.

I would like to assist with your latency issues. This could be an issue related to your personal network at your site location if you're taking your services home and it works fine there as your configuration would need to be reviewed. I may suggest having your gateway placed in Pass Through mode and using your own device if you would like to set up port forwarding rules. Please see the following link:

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Equipment-Modems-Gateways/True-Bridge-Mode-vs-Pass-Through-Mode/m-p/21260#M2402

We do ask for a private message if you do believe this to be an issue with the Comcast network as we would need this for authentication purposes. 

Please let me know if you need anything. 

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for the tip.  I hear from various sources that you lose your IP's in bridge mode.  From the link you suggest:

If you want to use ‘true bridge mode’, please note the following characteristics of devices in bridge mode:

• Does not have router capabilities or support LAN DHCP
  • Cannot have a fixed Static IP assignment

Am I misunderstanding that?  Or would I lose my 5 static, assigned IPs, in which case thsi won't work.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

Hi yountod.

That would be correct. You would lose your static route so passthrough mode would be recommended instead of bridge mode.

Please let me know if you need anything.