Skip to content
joemarkgraf's profile

New problem solver

• 

10 Messages

Wednesday, June 26th, 2019 4:00 PM

Issues with bridging / static IPv4 & IPv6, CGA4131COM

Hello!

I recently moved my business service and the technician installed a Technicolor CGA4131COM. This device is significantly different than the gateway that I had installed in my previous location.

After reading some forum posts, I have successfully been able to configure my router with my static IPv4 address. However, all my attempts at IPv6 static or even dynamic configuration have been unsuccessful. IPv6 will not work within my LAN.

In the past, I put the Comcast device in bridge mode and then configured my router.  However, from what I have read, the two bridge modes on the CGA4131COM take away the option for static IPs.

I'm looking for a configuration that offers me the following:

• Static IPv4 & IPv6 addresses
  • No routing or port forwarding
  • No Wifi, no private, no xfinity. I want it turned off. 
  • No VOIP. I run my own VOIP server.

Is there a pseudo bridge mode that can be enabled from the back end?

Official Employee

• 

272 Messages

5 years ago

Hello, thanks for reaching out to us over forums. I hope that your day has been going well. It sounds like we need to consider a modem that does not operate Wi-Fi or phone service. We also want to confirm the IPv4 address and the IPv6 address are loaded on your modem accurately. Are you able to send a private message so I can take a closer look at your account and equipment? If you can include your name, the phone number associated with the account, and your entire service address (with the city, state, and zip code) I can assist you further.