Skip to content
onlinetv's profile

• 

2 Messages

Friday, January 22nd, 2016 2:00 PM

"Invalid LAN IP Address" when setting up static IP

I've search the forum and found some information but nothing that has solved the issue we're having. Our Netgear CG3000DCR is displaying the message "Invalid LAN IP Address" when we try to setup a single static IP. Tier 1 and 2 can't help and say it's a network setup issue that Comcast can't be liable for. I think Comcast needs to help us configure their static IP on their gateway ... we'll take it from there. Please help!

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello onlinetv and welcome,

If you purchased a static IP address from Comcast, then there is nothing you have to do except utilized the Static IP Routeable, Gateway, and subnet mask on the device you need to have a static IP address. 

However, if you are referring to a normal LAN static address, then you MUST simply insure that your LAN DHCP address does not fall within your dynamic IP address range. This is accomplished by simply logging into you Comcast Gateway (CG) using a computer directly ethernet connected to any rear LanPort 1-4, then bring up a browser and enter 10.1.10.1, then username=cusadmin/password=highspeed. Go to LAN and make sure that your starting address is 10.1.10.10 and ending address is between 10.1.10.199-252,then click apply and/or save. This will allow you to have 10.1.10.2 through 10.1.10.9 LAN static addresses be available to any device. If you need to force feed this LAN 10.1.10.2 through 10.1.10.9 routable static address device you can use gateway = 10.1.10.1 and subnet mask=255.255.255.0. This will alleviate any error messages you have been getting and meet your requirements.

Hope this helps you out.

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

It turned out the gateway uses Port Triggering to route the static IP ... way easy! However, the directions that were emailed to us indicated we needed to setup the gateway. I prefer the newer method but please update the directions that are sent when a static IP is added so future users aren't chasing their tails.