Skip to content
GregG's profile

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014 11:00 AM

initial setup of a static IP

Hi there

I just bought a 5 static IP pack and am trying to set it up. I loggied on to my router and figured that the setup would be here (see picture). But I am not sure how to fill that form

Name: should I put any name? Or the name of the computer I want to assignt he static IP to?

Destination IP: should I input one of the IPs that were assigned to me by comcast?

thanks

static comcast.JPG

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello GregG and welcome,

If you purchased a 5 Block Comcast Static IP address, then this has already been programmed into your DPC3939B. This screen inbn your display is specifically for NAT 1-1 routing, so unless you nee to use this do not enter anything in here. You should go to Connected devices, then click on WAN to see the staticIP gateway address, subnet mask, and DNSs servers.

If you purchased a 5 block, the count back from the WAN StaticIP Gateway address D-Octet and this will be your first routable static IP address. For example, let say your StaticIP Gateway Address was 50.22.76.38, so .37 .36 .35 .34 .33 would be your 5 routable static IP addresses. On any device you needed to use a static IP address on, like a webserver for instance, you would go to that webserver device's network TCP configuration and enter into the staticIP configuration segment the static IP = 50.22.76.33, then the staticIP Gateway address 50.22.76.38, then the subnet mask 255.255.255.248, lastly the DNS servers Primary=75.75.75.75;  secondary=75.75.76.76.  Make sure the webserver  is directed connected to any of the LanPorts 1-4 and wallah, you are up and running.

Hope this helps you out.