Skip to content
U

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

Saturday, June 5th, 2021 6:14 PM

I need reverse DNS delegation

Hi!

As with many, many other posters here, I need a reverse DNS delegation. However, all the "accepted answers" are basically "direct message me" -- but (though I'm a registered user here) there doesn't seem to be any way to send a direct message to the Comcast employees who are posting.

How do I get a reverse DNS set up?

Thanks!

--Ron

Problem solver

• 

19 Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @user_7f0952! I can help set up a reverse DNS for you; please send me a message and we can get started!

To send a Message:
1. Click on the Chat Bubble icon in the upper right corner to access our new Peer 2 Peer feature!
2. Search for "Xfinity Support" and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop down list.
3. Type your message in the text area.
4. Press Enter to send!

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks, but after clicking the chat bubble and entering the Peer 2 Peer chat, the search on Xfinity Support just returns "No results found".

Official Employee

• 

87 Messages

I'm truly sorry for the confusion! Please try searching for "Comcast Business" to send us a message. 

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

I tried, capitalized and lower case, with and without quotes. In fact, it seems to return either "No results found" or "no conversations" for anything I type.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

Well, maybe some progress. I was using the search box, since the instructions said "search for," but it appears that maybe I'm supposed to click to start a conversation and then enter "Comcast Business" into the "To:" field. I'm trying that now.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

I was able to find "Comcast Business" under the options for the "To:" field and have initiated a conversation, but it's now 20 minutes later and I have yet to receive a reply.

Official Employee

• 

78 Messages

Please search for "Xfinity Support" and let us know if that works for ya! 

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

After an hour "on hold" with your chat, I haven't received any response of any kine. I assume it's another dead-end. 

Any other suggestions?

Official Employee

• 

78 Messages

It doesn't look like we've received a chat from you on our end. To start a chat, please click the chat icon in the top right of the page! Search for Xfinity Support, if needed.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I also need to set up PTR records for our static IPs.  Is it possible to delegate this to our name server rather than contacting Comcast whenever this needs to be changed?

New problem solver

• 

71 Messages

@Hey there! We would need to help with that request. You can message here by selecting the chat icon in the top right-hand corner then search for Xfinity Support. In addition, you can give us a call at (800) 391-3000. 

I no longer work for Comcast.