Skip to content
jvwjgames's profile

New Contributor

• 

18 Messages

Wednesday, July 29th, 2015 12:00 PM

How do i get my static ip Block assigned to my name server

I need my static IP info assigned to my name server I have running. How do I do that?

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello jvwjgames and welcome,

In order to utilize your Comcast Statiic IP you must follow this process:

1. All Static IP devices must be directly enthernet connected to the Comcast Gateway (CG)

2. You must go into the device (computer, server, DVR, etc) and program itsnetwork configuration static IP configuration as follows:

**** a.) the static IP is the routable static IP address or addresses you received from Comcast

**** b.) the Gateway IP address is the Gateway static IP address you obtained from Comcast

**** c.) the subnet mask is the Static IP subnet mask you received from Comcast

Now if you are referring to establishing a PTR record (Reversed DNS) for your name server then any of the Forum Administrators can do this very expeditiously.

Hope this helps you out

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

9 years ago

New Contributor

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

Yes train wreck that's exactly what I want

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

9 years ago

Yeah keep in mind, that while the main 800-391-3000 number is 24x7 for tech support, other Comcast business departments are open less hours (sales & change-of-service i know are just standard business hours). I cant speak to that 800-741-4141 number though.

New Contributor

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

So when I request my IP block to my server it says I need to give Comcast my name server do I give them my IP to the name server or the domain name?

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Yes, provide your full domain name and IP address....