Skip to content
opearce's profile

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 20th, 2019 2:00 PM

How do I actually get access to the static IP on my account?

When we set up service (Voice+Internet), we ordered one static IP, which I can see from the My Account page.  The Comcast-supplied gateway is a Cisco DPC3941B, and I can access it at http://10.1.10.1.  In the web admin screens, I see a couple of pages that mention "True Static IPs", but there's nothing I can configure. 

I thought maybe the traffic for the static IP was being delivered without me needing to do anything to the gateway, but configuring my firewall with the static IP didn't work.  When I run a packet trace on the network connected to the gateway, I don't ever see any traffic for the static IP.  I'm at a loss for how to proceed.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through our business forums. The Ip address that is provisioned on your modem is the Gateway IP address and is not your useable IP. You can access your static IP information through our website or app. You would have also received this information through an email communication. Information regarding programming the useable static IP on your equipment can be found through this link https://business.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/using-a-static-ip/  I can also supply you with your static Ip's if you can reach out me through private message with the name, address and phone number on the account. 

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

5 years ago

Hi CommerceIntegration and welcome to the business forums. 

I appreciate you posting today on your statics. Comcast would be able to test out your statics to make sure this is configured correctly; however, we wouldn't be able to advise on how to use them within your network as this would be passed policy of demarcation. I can certainly review your statics for you. May I please have you private message me your full name, the name of your business, the full address of your business location and the phone number associated with your business account?

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm in the same boat... I have 5 IP's that I've purchased with the intent of running web servers directly behind the DCP3941B Modem/Router.  I've configured up my test server exactly as prescribed in the information provided by comcast. 

I cannot hit the server at all.  I've spent the weekend trying to Google an answer as to what is wrong.  I'm lost. 

Comcast support refuses to assist (I've called numerous times) basically saying "hey we just sell you the IPs... it's your responsibility to hook the rest up".  It's YOUR equipment, so I expect Comcast support to be willing to get things confgured for such a SIMPLE thing (which I've done alot of at other ISPs). I'm not trying to do NAT.  There's no requirements for Port Foward.  Just a simple pass-through to my boxes.

Note, for the time being, I'm just plugging the servers directly into the modem's ports, but eventually, I'll be having a router immediately behind the modem. 

I just need to get this stuff up and running ASAP... I've seriously wasted 2 full days time on this.  Is there a straight forward step-by-step guide for mere simpletons like me to read and follow that is available?  If not, why not?  Please advise on how to get this working.  Thank you.