Skip to content
mwingeier's profile

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, April 28th, 2018 6:00 AM

How are the IPs delivered from the business gateway?

This is a pre-sales question, but the sales folks do not seem to be able to tell me.  I am looking at getting a block of static IPs, and from what I gather, I will need to use the business gateway for this.  I was told that I could use my own router.  How are the static interfaces coming from the modem?  Does it have multiple interfaces where I can just run a 1:1 from the modem into one of the external NICs on the router?  Keeping my router is the biggest part of this equation, as it is heavily customized and also acts as my WLAN controller.

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

My apologies. This would come from a single connection. 

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

Hi mwingeier and welcome to the business forums.

I can certainly assist with your gateway inquiry. You do need a leased gateway if you also have a block of static IP addresses. You're also able to set the gateway in passthrough mode if you're looking to use your own DHCP as well.

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Equipment-Modems-Gateways/True-Bridge-Mode-vs-Pass-Through-Mode/td-p/21260

Please let me know if you need anything.

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for the response, Phil.  I don't think that answered the question, though.  Do multiple IPs come through one connection, or are they separate?  I'm trying to plan on how/if I need to expand my router to accept the connections.

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Great, thanks.