Skip to content
G

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, July 17th, 2021 12:46 AM

Had to do a hard reset, need Static IP to be reconfigured

We were having a variety of issues with how the our internet was routed. In the end, I did a hard reset on the modem as well as our router. Everything is working now except I need the Static IP reconfigured. However, this is the third time today I've had to do it due to a variety of issues and having to reset the modem a couple times. 

The IP status shows one IP address (the one we've been using for years), but when the customer service rep on the phone reconfigured it, it was off by 1 digit (x.x.x.21 vs x.x.x.22). I would prefer our static IP to be 21. I am currently not at the office, but I have enabled remote management on the modem. However, I can't access it without the IP address being set. 

Thanks

Jen

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

Hi there, @guardianfire. Thanks for reaching out to our Business Forums for help to reconfigure your static IP. My team is the perfect place for support. Can you first do me the huge favor of initiating a chat by providing your full name and address? To begin a chat, please click the chat icon in the top right of the page. Search for Xfinity Support, if needed. 

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Hi Justin! Thanks. I did go to the Peer to Peer Messaging, but there is no listing for Xfinity Support in the drop down that pops up when I start typing. 

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

No worries! Select the support icon. You should be able to initiate the chat that way. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

All right thanks, I have done that. Do you know if this will be responded to this evening or is support done for the night? 

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

I'm sorry to make this experience more difficult for you. We still haven't received your private message. Let's try again with these steps and we can take care of this quickly.

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

The Xfinity Support is not showing up. I did send messages to just "support". I also tried messaging you directly. 

Official Employee

• 

22 Messages

l dearly apologize for the inconvenience could you please send us "Xfinity Support" in a private message?

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

@Comcast_Aldrik I cannot. Xfinity Support is NOT showing up on the dropdown list 

Official Employee

• 

22 Messages

For troubleshooting purposes, are you able to sign out of your account and then sign back in and try?

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

I have done this as well

Problem solver

• 

17 Messages

I'm so sorry about the issues with trying to send us a peer-to-peer chat message. Can you do me a favor and select "Comcast Business" if it's available from the drop-down menu?

I no longer actively support the Comcast Business Forum or work for Comcast.