Skip to content
webguy12's profile

New problem solver

• 

8 Messages

Friday, July 28th, 2017 9:00 AM

freepbx voip

Hello I am working on a voip box   and i found that there is ports that are blocked or wont allow us to open them..   RTP Port Ranges

10000 - 20000   what can i do to have this open   I need this open as soon as possible.

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

7 years ago

Hello webguy and welcome to fourms,

I apologize for the delayed response to your post. I did receive your private message but I felt this answer is best for all in the community to observe. Unfortunately I am unable to remove a block on these ports because we do not block them. I imagine that you might be running into limitations of our device. The SMC D3G has a limitation of 5000 ports in its number settings. For this device to enter the range of 10000 - 20000 (20000 open ports) you would need to utilize 4 separate IP addresses. I am unaware of any of our devices for SMB going beyond that number setting. You may want to consider restructuring your network. A smaller port range in your rules or look into some 3rd party equipment to accomplish this goal may be the best options. I apologize but I am not sure what else can be done on my end in this regard. If you have any other questions or want a more detailed exchange please message me and I will answer to the best of my ability. I hope this information helps.

New problem solver

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I don't think thaat's correct. or that you could have for seperate ip addresses in the same subnet. I have 13 public ip static addresses and I setup freepbx I had the same issues until I just gave it a public ip address. Try temporarily DMZing, doing a 1:1 nat or bridgeing the modem so that the pbx has the public ip address and see if it works. if the 1:1 works and you don't have anything else that needs a static ip port leave it that way. If you only have a dynamic ip address bridge the modem (or better yet buy your own and junk the pos) and bridge that to a router and then it will work the D3G has some known issues with voip. you can also try futzing with it's firewall.