Skip to content
tgoyette's profile

New Contributor

• 

15 Messages

Monday, January 12th, 2015 3:00 PM

domain shows being registered with Comcast and GoDaddy

We have a domain {holyspiritco.org) that shows being registered by both Comcast and GoDaddy.  When you look up the domain on whois.net godaddy is listed as the sponsoring registrar. We want Comcast to manage the domain so how do we correct this.  

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

Hello tgoyette,

As this domain was registered originally with GoDaddy, Comcast cannot be its registrar.

You can however change the registrar to other companies such as network solutions.

What we can offer is to be your SOA (start of authority) to your domain.

If you are interested please use the link below for the steps:

Use your existing domain name with Comcast Business email and web hosting

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hi tgoyette. As the the domain is currently active on the Comcast servers you can change the name servers listed on the GoDaddy Control panel to point ot the Comcast servers.  The server info is listed below.

holyspiritco.org. 14400 A 50.63.202.63

holyspiritco.org. 14400 NS adns.cs.siteprotect.com.
holyspiritco.org. 14400 NS bdns.cs.siteprotect.com.
holyspiritco.org. 14400 MX 10 mx01.ch4.comcast.net.
holyspiritco.org. 14400 MX 50 mq01.ch4.comcast.net.
holyspiritco.org. 14400 MX 50 mq02.ch4.comcast.net.

Hoowever  the "A" Record  IP address points to content on the Go Daddy servers. That content will need to be recreated on the Comcast Servers.  prior to any change of the IP address. 

Alternately we can purge the domain from the Comcast Servers afterwards you will need to complete the "BYOD process", bring your own domain.  This link provides the details necessary to complete the procedure. 

Since the domain was previously registered by GoDaddy in 2013 and it is currently active, Comcast cannot become the registrar.  However email and webhosting services can be moved to Comcast.  Please let us know if additional assistance is required.

Thank You

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello tgoyette and welcome,

Apparently the following holyspiritco.org zone file records seem to indicate that you are using google for email (MX records) but I would contact GoDaddy administration to find out who the technical and administrator owner is for this domain.

A216.87.186.175

MX1 ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
5 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
5 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
10 ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.
10 ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.

CNAMENo CNAME record found.

NSns04.domaincontrol.com.
ns03.domaincontrol.com.

PTRNo PTR record found.

SOAns03.domaincontrol.com. dns.jomax.net
2013062400 28800 7200 604800 600

New Contributor

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

You are correct. about Google.  Before I came on as the "IT Guy" the office administrator did the best she could to make things work. Unfortunately, I ended up with a mess (see below)

Both GoDaddy and Comcast show that they are hosting our domain holyspiritco.org and Whois shows Godaddy as the host.  I want Comcast to be the host.  I am listed as the admin for the GoDaddy account. The problem is I cant ask Comcast to request the transfer of the Domain because Comcast already shows the Domain is hosted by them.  

The email issue is one I am going to tackle at another time.