Skip to content
ct_pam's profile

• 

3 Messages

Monday, March 16th, 2015 6:00 AM

cname change

I have been attempting to bring over a current website to use comcast web hosting. I've gotten as far as changing the cname alias (I twice contacted the current host to be sure this has been done correctly and have been assured it is), but  it continues to say "not completed". I've contacted comcast web hosting customer service twice regarding this issue and it has yet to be resolved. Are you able to help me with this?

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hi and thank you for your quick reply. I did that already, and twice contacted the current host to be sure I actually did that correctly. They said perhaps I was given the wrong source alias. They also pinged ctpaint.comcastbiz.net (the target value I was given) and said it doesn't resolve. So, I have no idea what to do next. 

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello ct_pam and welcome,

Please follow these directions and pay close attention to step 5.

Hope this helps you out.

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I've done that to no avail, they won't even let me speak to a supervisor. I was hoping someone from Comcast would reply to this and try and save a customer instead of having me go elsewhere for service. Thank you Rich for your help.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

you will need to contact 800-391-3000 and speak to a technical agent to have the agent check out your business class portal environment.

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

ct_pam.  Please send me a private message with the business account number and I will investigate this issue.

Thank You