Skip to content
DanaQuigley's profile

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, April 16th, 2014 9:00 AM

Changing Email Address

Hello, 

I need some serious help!!!

I set up our account as DanaQuigley@DanaQuigleyLaw.Comcastbiz.net and it should have been set up as DanaQuigley@DQLaw.Comcastbiz.net, how do I change this? I have searched everywhere and cannot find where I need to be in order to do this. 

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

If you changed the name of your existing domain (the 3 page website) name  to DQLaw.com, this will allow that domain name to become available in the alias configuration drop down. Then you alias / and login email address would be able to be DanQuigley@DQLaw.com. The intrinsic standard comcast email suffix is always comcastbiz.net. Using your existing registered domain name (3 page website) enables you to use this domain as I've indicated above. 

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Actually I just reread your email. Are we able to have it say "DQLaw.com" instead of having Comcast's name in there? 

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I actually called the Customer Service Office and they set up a ticket to have this changed. We already have a website and that is the reason that it needs to be "@DQLaw.ComcastBiz.net" instead of the "@DanaQuigleyLaw@ComcastBiz.net" which is what it currently is. I called to find out how I would go about changing this and they opened the ticket so that they could take care of it on their end instead of me. I did try to create an alias already and it wouldn't let me change this part of the email only the prefix. 

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello DanaQuigley and welcome,

I recommend you Use your existing domain name with Comcast Business email and web hosting

to register your free existing Comcast 3 page website domain as one of the following :

-  DQLaw.Comcastbiz.net
-  DQLaw.com
-  DGLaw.net
-  DQLaw.biz
-  or whatever meets your business requirements

After you set this up to make this domain available for usage, then click Create an alias for your Comcast Business email account to create your email alias that will look something like DanaQuigley@DQLaw.(see above avaulable options). Please be advised that your alias takes some time to be activated. When it is finally activated, then this will be your new primary email address used to login to the Business Class Portal from now on.

Hope this helps you out.