Skip to content
apayingcustomer's profile

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, May 14th, 2016 9:00 PM

Change WHOIS info

While I understand the need for accurate information within the WHOIS for my static IP, the contact does not need to be my personal name.

I need a comcast rep to reach out to me so that I can provide my IP information so that you can update the contact name to either

1. "Private" - assuming I can list my company name in a seperate field or,
  2. My company name

thanks

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

bump, any comcast employees on here who care to offer help to a customer?

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Hello?  Comcast???

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

8 years ago

Hello apayingcustomer and welcome to forums,

I was looking into your request and noted that our tech support have limited access to change WHOIS information. Usually the WHOIS information is drawn directly from our billing system. Does you business account have your business name listed or is it under your private name. This may help resolve this issue for you. Please avoid posting private information for your account security. If you need to discuss specific information please send that request via private message.

Thank You

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you Michael.

So, you are saying that if I change my billed to name to my business this will resolve remove my name from the whois?

I only ask as your response gives me the impression that your not sure.  Don't you work for Comcast?  I would expect that you are verifying the information your providing to me.

Edited for spelling,  I didn't notice until after I posted that the comcast spellchecker, unlike my computers is not set to autocheck...

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

8 years ago

Thank You apayingcustomer,

Would you please check your private messages for further correspondence.

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Though you are going to change the whois info, it's possible to search the history whois info, so it's best to protect your privacy at the first place. Smiley Happy  

Re: Change WHOIS info [ Edited ]

Thank you Michael.

So, you are saying that if I change my billed to name to my business this will resolve remove my name from the whois?

I only ask as your response gives me the impression that your not sure.  Don't you work for Comcast?  I would expect that you are verifying the information your providing to me.

Edited for spelling,  I didn't notice until after I posted that the comcast spellchecker, unlike my computers is not set to autocheck...