Skip to content
rickvv's profile

New problem solver

• 

30 Messages

Friday, March 6th, 2015 12:00 PM

Bring Domain question

Hi-

I've gotten halfway through the Bring Domain. On the Comcast end, we've added the domain to bring, and were sent to the Cjhange the CNAME alias.

The Alias that I have been given is a 3, then a space, then another 3 ( no dash, no other symbol, just 3 3).

Here's a snapshot

My current DNS provider at WestHost won't allow a space, it seems.

Here's that error in a snapshot

Should I delete the domain that hasn't been added quite yet, and start again, hoping to get a new alias (without spaces?)

Help would be appreaciated.

rickvv

New problem solver

• 

30 Messages

10 years ago

Nobody have any ideas?

I did open a ticket on Tuesday 1-=March at 11AM CDT.

Still have no response, plus the 'source alias' is still the invalid characters (3-space-3).

(this whole transfer started Thursday or Friday sometime.

Thanks

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

HI rickvv.  The CNAME alias should not have spaces and should be more that 2 characters.  Yes delete the initial data a restart the p[rocess.  Please let me know if you continue to have problems with the transfer process.

Thank you.

New problem solver

• 

30 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks John.

They escalated the issue, and discovered that indeed Comcast had generated a bad alias.(3-space-3). i DID try deleting the process to start over, but got the same alias.

But after the escalate, they got domain brought over, and I was able to continue.

That added several days to the transfer 😞 Customer is not impressed, but they'll be OK.

But we're ready to rock.

Thanks for commenting on the post.

rickvv