Skip to content
petestorm's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Monday, July 13th, 2015 4:00 AM

Bring domain process verification stuck at CNAME - DNS records indicate it's been changed just fine

Trying to bring over a domain (petestorm.com) and I've added the CNAME but the verification just sits there.

Source alias: FKBXS

Target value: petestorm.comcastbiz.net

dig says it's just fine regardless of what DNS server I point to. It's certainly been propagated. Had this issues for weeks and week and keep deleting the CNAME and retrying, nothing. It propagates just fine and even Comcast DNS pick it up:

;; ANSWER SECTION:
fkbxs.petestorm.com. 3599 IN CNAME petestorm.comcastbiz.net.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I am having the same issue too. glad it is not just me! this is very frustrating!

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

9 years ago

nobody from Comcast? hello?

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hi,

Did anyone ever get resolution on this?  I have a similar issue.  I have created the CNAME with my DNS provider and pointed to the alias that was requested.

I am able to look up the CNAME and see it properly resolve to the alias on multiple DNS servers.

Anything I should be trying here?

Thanks

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

9 years ago

Nope, I've just been blown off. Have no time to call in and be ignored on the phone too..

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

Anyone from comcast ever fix this? Or read this? I know there's a number to call in another thread somewhere but you should really fix the portal as I'm sure every single person trying to bring domains over is having the same issue and i'm not wanting to even host with you guys if this bug is gonna be around for a years at a time....

Frequent Contributor

• 

36 Messages

8 years ago

Do NOT use Comcast for domain or e-mail management.  As I've found out, it can permanently damage your account.

Comcast's systems makes a CNAME query for FKBXS rather than FKBXS.petestorm.com.  This bug has existed for years and there's nothing a customer can do to work around it, even if you run your own DNS.  It's not a valid query.