Skip to content
M

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, September 3rd, 2023 4:10 PM

Assigned static IP is not the IP that appears to the internet

I have an assigned static IP address. I have been using a firewall behind my Comcast Gateway modem/router. I recently upgraded to 500 Mbps, but the internal firewall maxes out at around 200 Mbps. I want to remove the 3rd party internal firewall and only use the Comcast Gateway. My static IP is not the ip address when checking via whatismyip.com. Instead it's the Gateway IP address. I have an exchange server behind a load balancer and Symantec messaging gateway on my internal private subnet. How do I make my assigned public static IP address the 'seen' IP from the internet for traffic coming from my network, instead of the Gateway's IP?

Similar to post made here:

‎Outbound IP different from static IP | Comcast Business Support Community

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

11 months ago

I have same issue. The Gateway IP is the public IP that all traffic coming from my network shows, instead of my assigned static IP. How to configure the Comcast gateway to remedy this?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled RE: Assigned static IP is not the IP that appears to the internet

Official Employee

• 

23 Messages

Hello and thank you for your post @mjstonesr sounds like we need to make sure your reverse DNS is set up correctly. Do you know if your plan comes with a configured static IP or do you pay for one? 

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

@Comcast_PeterB​ I have a static. I've had it for almost 6 years. I had Pointer/Reverse (PTR) records created in 2017 for both my assigned IP and the gateway IP just in case. I'm good. Please don't make any changes.

Official Employee

• 

20 Messages

@mjstonesr Thank you for the update of having the records created previously, and wanted to assure you we wouldn't do any changes without confirming with you first. I did want to confirm, your static IP information does look correct on your account?

https://business.comcast.com/support/article/internet/comcast-business-internet-view-your-static-ip-address

2 Messages

Did you ever get this working?

Official Employee

• 

30 Messages

Hello @user_c0ed8c I see you're posting this on a few old threads, are you having a similar issue and looking for assistance, or was it just curiosity? Happy to see what we can do for you if you are in need of some help!