Skip to content
U

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 22nd, 2024 12:08 PM

Why won't Comcast Business won't let me cancel my account after failing to provide the services I'm paying for?

I've been trying to cancel my service for almost 3 weeks now - phone number is either never answered, or I'm told I'll get a call back that never comes, or I actually get an email from a rep who promises to help and then is never heard from again (and never replies to my emails). And the live chat is a joke ... 10 minutes of Q&A to be told I had to call the service number anyway. 

These are the latest in a string of service failures: since the start of this year, Comcast Business and Xfinity residential service techs have been to my house 6 times. They have confirmed that there is a massive signal drop-off at the front wall, but have done nothing to fix it. They replaced the outside cable, located and shut-down all but one internal outlet, replaced modems and other equipment and put 'filters' on my equipment. As a result, nothing has changed except that I now have a large spool of cable at the bottom of my driveway, because the tech didn't have the equipment to run it up the pole there. 

To be clear, I have tried for six months to fix the problem of my service dropping out multiple times an hour (either completely, or to such a degree that I cannot run my business). Meetings with clients on zoom or teams are awful, file transfers fail constantly, the wi-fi craps out all the time, and we can't even log in to our own server. 

In addition I've been told by two techs that the problem was probably a damaged cable. But they refuse to repair or replace the cable we have. In fact that last appointment a tech never even showed up, and when I contacted an agent and they reinstated the appointment and promised a Senior Tech ... no one came that time either, leaving me waiting around all afternoon (twice) for someone who never even bothered to show up. 

To say that this experience has been dismal is a huge understatement: my company pays hundreds and hundreds of dollars to you each month, and at every turn when we needed you to actually do something to help us, you have turned your back. 

And now, you're refusing to even process a service cancellation. Please cancel my service. I don't want to have to devote an undue amount of time to this process, and certainly don't want to go down the route of gathering all the complaints here and elsewhere as part of a formal move to bring attention to what seems an all too common challenge.  

Official Employee

• 

272 Messages

2 months ago

Hello, @user_e927b8 it's never easy to know you wish to cancel your service, and that you've had a poor experience with us. But our team can do our part to help. Please send us a direct message, so we can take a closer look at the account. You can use the Direct Messaging icon at the top of the page to send your name, account number (or account phone number) and service address to "Xfinity Support." It's next to the bell icon on the right side of the page. 

2 Messages

When I go into Direct Messaging and tried to write to "Xfinity Support" there is no such group available.

Official Employee

• 

47 Messages

We're sorry to hera that you are having trouble sending us a Direct Message @user_65bb66. To confirm, are you logged in? Have you tried an alternate web browser? We typically recommend Google Chrome. Or, have you tried clearing cache and cookies?

2 Messages

Yes I am logged in, was using Safari and just tried using Chrome, cleared cache and cookies.  Same response.

Official Employee

• 

47 Messages

Hmm, that's definitely strange @user_65bb66. Is there an alternate device you can try? What are you seeing when you click on the "Direct Message chat" icon? We want to make sure you can get connected with us so we can further assist.