Skip to content
U

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 23rd, 2024 3:38 PM

Why Business permanently closed still need to pay the Early Termination Fee

Hello, our company has permanently closed due to poor economic conditions, and I still have 12 months left on my contract. I called today to request a contract termination, but they informed me that I need to pay a $420 early termination fee. I’m not terminating the contract without cause; it’s because the company has shut down. Additionally, the contract states, “A Service Order may be terminated by either party immediately upon notice if the other party has become insolvent or involved in liquidation or termination of its business, or adjudicated bankrupt, or been involved in an assignment for the benefit of its creditors.” We fall under the termination of business category, so we shouldn’t have to pay this $420 fee.

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

24 days ago

Hello @user_859ca1! Thank you for reaching out to us on our Comcast Business Forums. I'm extremely sorry to hear of the economic conditions causing your company to close. It's been rough for so many companies. I hope for better times! 

For Comcast Business contracts and service disconnections all matters have to be managed by the Comcast Business teams. We unfortunately do not have access to these specifics and would not be able to assist with validating or waiving a termination fee. 

I understand fully how this would create an additional hardship on top of a hardship, and I'm sorry that I can't assist directly, but our awesome peers with the Comcast Business team will be able to help out! They are available by phone at 1-800-391-3000. Please contact them to dispute the termination charges. 

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

@Comcast_Paula​ Yes, but then you call and they say the same thing over and over even though you explain the situation and then you ask to speak to a supervisor and one has to "call you back" and if you don't answer they give you the same robotic answer and no way to contact them. How can you talk to someone that will actually help you? It does say right in your contract that if a company terminates all business and is liquidated that the service order may be terminated immediately. 

So.....are they not honoring that???

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

18 days ago

Were you able to resolve this?? I am in the same boat. My business terminated. I did not sell it, it wasn't acquired (2 failed attempts) and I made no money out of the business. It is ceasing to exist and they are telling me I have to pay over $1k. I obviously do not have that money as um....my business just shut down and I lost everything. I escalated it and the "supervisor" called on a private number and left a voicemail with no return number. I am beyond frustrated. This company is awful. 

New Contributor

• 

8 Messages

9 days ago

I am in the SAME situation.  I had an employee terminated within the 90 days because she changed the comcast contract and added 2 years.  They said "we ASSUME that if someone provides the account number then they can make changes..."  ASSUME?! And for this they are telling me I owe them over $2000 to cancel. I have this all documented my concerns in email since MAY.  4 months of documentation and emails.  And now my business is dissolving and there are no dollars left.