Skip to content
danix180's profile

New problem solver

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, September 14th, 2017 1:00 PM

Tax exempt for non-profit organization

Would you be able to assist us with a tax exempt question?

Our organization is a non profit tax-exempt, and the tax-exempt certificate has been provided to Comcast on at least two occasions.
We are recognized as "Religious Organization" that meets all the organizational and operational requirements of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Also we Provided a Sales Tax exemption Certificate from Illinois Department of Revenue

We continue to be billed for taxes for many months now. I called Comcast a few times and escalated it and been assured that it is now "fixed" and the next bill will not have tax on it and we will get a credit for taxes collected. But nothing seems to be happening.

Would you be able to help or to provide some information about the tax exemption?

Thank you so much in advance,
Regards,
Daniel C

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you Phil for your active involvement to get this resolved. 

So there won't be any confusion with the Tax Exempt for Comcast Business, I'm going to post the information I received officially from Comcast. 

Basically they told me that all the exempt documents are correct but Comcast doesn't offer tax exempt for Phone services, or if you have phones bundled with your Service. For either Federal or State. So there's nothing they can do.

From out Non Profit org perspective, I don't understand the reasoning, but it is what it is.

Thanks for your efforts.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi danix180 and welcome to the support forums.

I would like to assist with your billing concerns and review the status of your account. Please private message me your account number and the name of your organization as it appears on your bill. 

New problem solver

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks Phil for all your assistance with this issue.

I'm currently working with the local rep to have the tax exempt applied under the correct code. 

I'll updated the topic and mark it as resolved when I wrap things out.

Thank you again. Great customer service!

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

We just signed up with comcast as a non-profit organization and need to find out where to submit our tax exempt certificates.

Thank you. 

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

Hi Nancyatchabad and welcome to the business forums.

I can certainly assist with getting you the right contacts for submitting your certificates. This does depend on divisional area. Please private message me your full name, the name of your business, the full service address and the phone number associated with your account.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We are a non profit as well and have been paying taxes for our Bulk services, tv, cable, internet despite prior attempts at submitting our tax exempt certificates. Can you help me?

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Good afternoon,

I currently have a few business accounts with xfinity, of which I need to convert over to the company's tax exempt status. We are a non-profit and have our 501 (c) (3) designation and have our federal tax exempt status and recently received our state tax exempt status. What the steps or forms that need to completed? 

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Good afternoon,

I currently have a few business accounts with xfinity, of which I need to convert over to the company's tax exempt status. We are a non-profit and have our 501 (c) (3) designation and have our federal tax exempt status and recently received our state tax exempt status. What the steps or forms that need to completed? 

Official Employee

• 

49 Messages

Hello @user_1230ae! We'll need to submit a ticket to apply for tax-exempt status. During this process, you'll be asked to email or fax your tax-exempt form(s). Can you send me a direct message? 

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Can you assist me with the same task?  Thanks!

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Can you assist me with the same task?  Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

22 Messages

@user_f7c711, please send us a DM with your name and full address, so we can better assist you. 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message