Skip to content
KaiburrSystems's profile

New problem solver

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, July 15th, 2020 2:00 PM

Remove offline devices to free reserved ip addresses

How do I remove offline devices which has reserved IP addresses? I have several IP addresses which I want to re-use, but am unable to because they are assigned to offline devices which will no longer be used at our facility. When I "disconnect" them, they get added to the block devices list, this makes no sense and is not what I'm trying to do. 

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

This issue is solved. Purchased dedicated pc, installed pfsense on it to use as dedicated router/firewall. No need to deal with the inadequate Comcast hardware.

Official Employee

• 

272 Messages

4 years ago

Hello, how are you? I hope your day has been a good one!  I will make sure we take the right actions to help. When you are taking these actions are you doing this from your modem or are you trying to do this elsewhere? 

New problem solver

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I'm connected to the comcast business modem, looking at "Offline Devices" under "Connected Devices". I have several offline devices (which will never be connected to my network again) that had reserved IP addresses. I can't re-use the IP addresses since they are taken by the offline devices. The only option to to select the "X" next to the offline device, which brings up a pop-up menu that says "Are you sure you want to disconnect computer?". When I select "OK", I'm brought to the "Managed Devices" menu, which is now enable (previously disabled) and the device is added as a blocked device, which does nothing to remove the reserved ip address from the device. What can I do to free up the un-used reserved IP addresses?

Problem solver

• 

348 Messages

4 years ago

That is a great question and we can definitely take a look as well so we can help with getting these devices removed so you can use those IPs. Can you please send us a private message with your name, the full address, and the phone or account number? 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

@KaiburrSystems wrote:

I'm connected to the comcast business modem, looking at "Offline Devices" under "Connected Devices". I have several offline devices (which will never be connected to my network again) that had reserved IP addresses. I can't re-use the IP addresses since they are taken by the offline devices. The only option to to select the "X" next to the offline device, which brings up a pop-up menu that says "Are you sure you want to disconnect computer?". When I select "OK", I'm brought to the "Managed Devices" menu, which is now enable (previously disabled) and the device is added as a blocked device, which does nothing to remove the reserved ip address from the device. What can I do to free up the un-used reserved IP addresses?

the reset button on the back of the modem, you'll need a pen or a paperclip or anything with a fine point on it. gently press(do not force it) on the button(if you push too far you'll break the modem so be careful) and wait for all the lights to drop off except for one, the power light. this will reset the modem back to factory defaults. log back into it and reconfigure, default user/pwd: cusadmin/highspeed. hope this helps

Problem solver

• 

144 Messages

4 years ago

That's great news! If there is anything else we can help you with, please reach back out. We're available 24/7 to assist you. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Wait... did you just say it was "great news" that his solution was to get a router that didn't suck like the Comcast router? Does your boss know you think that?

Surely you don't expect a network administrator to reset their router anytime a dedicated machine or it's network card get replaced... do you? That could be a LOT of configuration to have to redo.

This is a chance for you not to suck, Comcast. Rise to the challenge.