Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, November 21st, 2022 10:01 PM

Overpayment and requesting refund

Hello,

I've been looking for some form of recompense from an almost 3-year billing error.  We were contacted by Sales in 2019 for an offer to upgrade our Internet bandwidth in one of our offices.  We went with the offer and the upgrade was ordered.  However, after the upgrade we continued to receive invoices for the old account.  My guess is that we figured there was an issue where we were billed in arrears and just needed to catch up the old account and that any unnecessary bills would cease.  The invoices for the old account kept coming in and we kept paying them and it just became habit.  The two bills did not arrive at the same time and our A/P department figured we may have ordered redundant Internet lines for this office as we had done for other offices.  In any event, the bills kept coming.  And we may have continued to pay them had we not ordered a redundant Internet connection from a different source.  At that point, I contacted Comcast Business to discontinue the invoicing for the old account and see about a refund for the unnecessary invoices for the old account.  As a matter of reference, the old account was not associated with any equipment or static IP addresses which I thought would be a red flag for some part of the billing system.  These were invoices for literally nothing.  I began my conversations with Comcast in August of this year.  Below is a synopsis of those conversations.

Original account number – [Edited: "Personal Information"], was replaced in October 2019

New account number – [Edited: "Personal Information"]

Original ticket number – CR [Edited: "Personal Information"]

08/10/2022 – Spoke to Sandy then Samantha of the Account Retention group

New ticket number – CR 050 889 797

Ticket from Disconnect Document – [Edited: "Personal Information"]

Escalation ticket number – EQR 360 16

08/18/2022 – Spoke with Account Retention group rep, told process will take 30 to 60 days

08/18/2022 – Received Disconnect Request Form, CR [Edited: "Personal Information"], DocuSign and returned

09/26/2022 – Called and spoke with Customer Service rep.  So far, a credit for $383.00 has been approved.  It appears that more is coming but we don’t yet know the amount or when it will be released.

10/28/2022 – Called and spoke with Alicia Serrano.  The $383.00 credit from 09/26/2022 has been applied to the Lisle account as of 10/06/2022.  The rest is still in work.  Alicia has escalated the matter to the next level in the chain for an approval of a more equitable settlement.  CR[Edited: "Personal Information"]

11/10/2022 -  Spoke with Junior (?) in the Retention department.  He is to reach out to Ms. Serrano and her supervisor to find out the current status of this in terms of what, if any, account credit is approved and when it will be received.  Junior is to call me back no later than Noon tomorrow (11/11/2022) with an answer of some kind.  A new ticket number, CR [Edited: "Personal Information"], was created from today’s call.

11/21/2022 – Spoke with another retention rep who told me that the $380.00 credit was the only credit we would receive as the department that handles such matters has rendered their judgment in September.  Now we need to pursue other avenues for recompense.

I don't know if this is common practice with Comcast but I do know that a $383.00 credit isn't sufficient to address a three-year overbilling.  We will see what kind of response I get from this.

Official Employee

• 

31 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_3ed2d7 thank you so much for contacting our team over our Business forums, and we are happy to assist you. We are sorry to hear about your billing experience and I assure you that this is not the experience we want you to have. You came to the right place for help, and we are here to work together toward a solution. In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with the business name, name, and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Good morning,

I tried to send you a message but your name, Comcast_Jorge, did not appear in the dropdown list on the Support site.  Is there a different name I should use instead?

Trusted Forum Contributor

• 

16 Messages

Hello @user_3ed2d7. To message an agent, please use the name Xfinity Support, and any member of my team will be able to assist you. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Trusted Forum Contributor

• 

16 Messages

My apologies @user_3ed2d7. "To send a "direct messaging" message to "Comcast Business": 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary 
 • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon: 
 • or https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/direct-messaging
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
 • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 
 • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 
 • - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
 • Press Enter to send it"

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I thought this issue would be resolved by now as that is what I was told.  But instead, it is in a state where it could take another 6 to 8 weeks before we receive the refund check I was promised.  The refund was processed as an account credit instead of the requested check and that mistake on the part of Comcast, I'm told, can take 6 to 8 weeks to correct.  This has become ridiculous as it would have been cheaper for Comcast to just send us our refund than to string me along for 4+ months.  Are they hoping I'll give up and leave the money behind?  In this economy? 

My last conversation ended with the Customer Service Rep saying that he would try to get this resolved as soon as he could.  I expect that with the holidays and vacations and even Winter storms, there won't be any progress made for the next two weeks and then we'll be into the 6-to-8-week process timeline.   My next step would be to start posting this story in the forums of various professional associations I'm a member of.  If I can't get us fixed, I can at least warn colleagues about what can happen when dealing with Comcast Business.  We'll see how this goes.

Happy Holidays to all.

Recognized Contributor

• 

12 Messages

@user_3ed2d7 Happy Holidays to you as well. We apologize for any delays you've encountered. We can certainly help monitor your refund and set proper expectations on the timeline going forward as we monitor for you.

Please send a "direct messaging" message to "Comcast Business": 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary 
 • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon: 
 • or https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/direct-messaging
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
 • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 
 • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 
 • - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
 • Press Enter to send it"