Skip to content
A

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, July 22nd, 2021 12:50 AM

Moving business to a home - switch to residential Xfinity?

I am roughly halfway through a 2-year business internet plan, which I was forced to sign up for due to zoning regulations in my area. I will be closing the office and moving internet service to my home, which is zoned residential.

I need switch from Comcast Business to Xfinity residential without tripping the early termination fee. Is this possible?

Administrator

• 

28 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @aaronc and thank you for joining us here in the Xfinity Business Support Forums. This type of question would be best suited for a member of the business services retention team, who can be reached at (800) 391-3000. They will be able to pull the account and agreement to review eligibility. 

In certain scenarios, and dependent on the agreement, a waive can be submitted for the Early Termination Fee in situations where a customer is transitioning from a business account to a residential account with similar services. In those situations, the customer would have had to maintained an active Business service for at least 6 months prior to the disconnect request and must have their new Residential services installed within 10 business days. If there are installation delays on the new services, the timeframe can be granted an extension.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Hi Comcast_Brie,

I was able to speak with the retention team and sign a voluntary disconnect (an official DocuSign form), which should have terminated my account on July 30th. Since i still received a bill for August, I've called many times to try and confirm this, but get no concrete answers. I've since switched to Xfinity residential service at our new address.

Today I received an email stating that my Comcast Business account is overdue. I thought this was settled over a month ago, but the headache continues. I've never experienced such poor communication and customer service in my life.

I'm posting here again because you were the only person who actually helped me other than retention. 

Recognized Contributor

• 

25 Messages

Hello, again @aaronc.

I'm sorry to hear you are still having trouble with your business account. 

That retention team at (800) 391-3000 is still going to be your best resource for receiving billing support.

I no longer work for Comcast.