Skip to content
jcthorne's profile

New problem solver

• 

18 Messages

Monday, January 11th, 2016 10:00 AM

Latest bill has price increase contrary to contract terms

My Jan bill arrived and includes a price increase contrary to the terms of my 3 year contract.

Specificly, the equipment rental has increased to 14.95 a month which is clearly spelled out in the contract at 12.95 for the duration of the contract term.

How best to get the billing corrected?

Accepted Solution

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

So Comcast can increase prices at will regardless of the contract. But they want to charge a user 2k to disconnect service because I moved to a new location and no longer have the option to work from home. Same old Comcast hypocrosy!

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello jcthorne and welcome,

You might want to check out this site  which describes the 2016 Comcast Price Increase details that will explain why your Jan 2016 billing statement went up. All of the price increases are not related to any of your explicit service order agreement pricing aspects.

Hope this helps you out.

New problem solver

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

No, that did not explain anything.  Most of it only applies to Xfinity customers without contracts.

My contract clearly shows the equipment rental fee is $12.95 for the 3 year term of the contract.  I was billed $14.95 contrary to the terms of the agreement.  I would like to get it corrected.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Like I previously informed you that Comcast can increase the equipment fee, broadcast fee, etc to any service order agreement per the Business Terms and Conditions ( please reference here  ) per Article 6.1. If you would like to speak to a Comcast billing agent directly, just call 800-391-3000, use the billing option and the billing agent will confirm exactly what I have stated here.

Again, hope this helps you out.

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I agree this is wrong and I just called about the same thing. $0 equip fee just went to $24.95 per month in January. Billing support matter-of-factly states "well it's not a "Service fee" so not covered by the Service contract. A bit ironic from a company that nails every customer it can to the wall by holding them to EXACT terms of a contract when the customer needs to terminate or doesn't give Comcast the secret 60 day notice.

Noteworthy is the Comcast url that is listed in my agreement which comes up with a 404 - "Doesn't exist" error. Not sure how well this non-existent Master Agreement will hold up when contested legally.