Skip to content
C

• 

1 Message

Friday, March 15th, 2024 6:08 PM

Early Termination Fee for Business Closing

Our business is in the 11th month of a 36 month contract for phone and internet service.  The business closed permanently 6 weeks ago due to lack of business. After calling to cancel our service, I was informed there was a $875 termination fee.  I mentioned to the customer service rep that upon reading the Comcast BUSINESS SERVICES CUSTOMER TERMS AND CONDITIONS, Section 5.2 Termination for Cause Section (c) A Service Order may be terminated by either party immediately upon notice if the other party has become insolvent or involved in liquidation or termination of its business, etc.  This is understood that we terminated for cause by the customer.  He then said to read the definition of Termination Charges which I did.  It states, "Termination Charges: Except as otherwise provided herein, charges that may be imposed by Comcast if, prior to the end of the applicable Service Term (a) Comcast terminates Services for cause or (b) Customer terminates any Service without cause. Termination Charges with respect to each Service terminated...".  Our business terminated with "cause" so to me there should not be a termination charge.

Official Employee

• 

34 Messages

6 months ago

Hey CAYoest, thanks for reaching out to Comcast Business Support on our forums. It's definitely a tough market out there these days and I'm sorry to hear about your business. Over social media we are general support but do have the right contacts we can get involved to review it for you. When you get a chance, can you send us a direct message by clicking the "message" icon in the upper right corner of our forum page? Once you click on that, input our shared handle Comcast Business to send us a direct message.

Official Employee

• 

29 Messages

5 months ago

@CAYoest Thank you again for taking the time to speak with us, and we are glad that we were able to come to a conclusion that is both fair and appropriate based on the situation. We understand that our business owners may come across challenges that are both life-changing and unexpected in many ways. We wish you the best of luck as you evolve and we hope that we will be able to service your needs in the future. Thank you again, and please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.