Skip to content
ssarfati's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, December 14th, 2014 7:00 AM

Constant snail mail trying to sell me business internet I already have

I've called in about this issue, but evidently they didn't fix the problem. Aside from being bugged by snail mail to add TV I don't want, I keep getting snail mail from your sales department trying to sell me business internet. The problem is I already have business internet, and it's annoying to get up to 3 sales letters a day about it!

Can you please take me off the mailing list, and reconsider the frequency these go out? It's a total waste!

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

10 years ago

Hello ssarfati

Sorry to hear that you are still receiving mailings, please be aware it is possible you might still receive promotional mail within the next 45 - 60 days after making the request. Here is a link to the Do Not Call, Do Not mail database where you can enroll yourself to stop receiving marketing mailers. If you have any questions please let us know.

Thank you

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello ssarfati and welcome,

Comcast generally sends out those Internet marketing letters if you qualify for an Internet promotion. If your billing statement indicates you are a Starter Internet customer (means your bandwidth is 16 Mbsp down / 3 Mbsp up minimum) then you qualify to have your Internet promotiionally upgraded to 50 Mbps down / 10 Mbps up (triple your current Internet Standard speed) for 89.95 for a 2 year period. This is a savings of $20.00 a month from the standard 50/10 Internet rate.  

Now, if you are not at all interested in any Internet upgrade, then simply call 8003913000 and speak to any technical or billing agent to have you put on the Comcast Do Not Mail list. 

Hope this helps you out.

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

10 years ago

@VBSSP-RICH wrote:

Now, if you are not at all interested in any Internet upgrade, then simply call 8003913000 and speak to any technical or billing agent to have you put on the Comcast Do Not Mail list. 

Didn't know this was an option, thanks Rich. Does this apply to e-mail marketing as well? I seem to get a fair amount of that.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Yes train_wreck, it does apply to sales and marketing mail.

However, it does not prohibit Comcast from being able to send you direct service related information like appointments, etc.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I already have the higher internet speed, and I've called them already to stop the incessant sales mailings, which they said they would do, and have not. Not only is it annoying when someone tries to sell you what you already have, but getting at least one of these every week, sometimes up to three a week (often arriving the same day), is a waste of paper.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Okay, thank you. I've done that. 

It is ridiculous, though, that I have to jump through several hoops to get Comcast to stop trying to sell me what I already have!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Months later, even after doing as you said, we are still getting these, SMH.