Skip to content
tuvalox's profile

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017 7:00 PM

Comcast won't let me cancel

I have been a loyal Comcast customer for over 7 years. I moved to another house outside Comcast service. I made 2 calls to retention in January 2017 to cancel service and was told that it was cancelled. I verified there was no service before I moved out of the residence the service was being provided. This was only internet and I owned all the equipment. I paid February's bill. I called in March when I was billed and was told it the account was cancelled and it was going to take 1-2 billing cycles to show on the account. I called when billed in April and was told that I had to cancel billing separately. I was also told it was canceled and it would take 1-2 billing cycles to show on the account. I called yesterday after getting billed again for May and was told the account was still active and to call retention services. After 97 minutes my call was disconnected. I called billing back and they told me to try to call the next day. I called retention today and was on hold another 90 minutes to be told I had to send an email to cancel my account since it is a national account. I was told I would receive an email with information. I never received the email. I have opened a case with consumer protection in the state of Georgia regarding this matter. I am done trying to cancel this account. I have 12 hours invested in this and since I charge $100/hour Comcast owes me $1200 plus the fraudulent billing.

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

7 years ago

Hello tuvalox, I'm very sorry to hear about the experience you received. Feel free to send me a private message with your business account number and any ticket numbers you have on your case so we can investigate. Thank you 

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Same thing has happened to me. I have talked to comcast 7 times to get my service cancelled and got the run around each time. I have the receipt from turning in the box but I’m now getting harassing phone calls about bills I know I don’t owe. If this affects my credit I will sue and contact the local news. My father is a retired and bored attorney with time on his hands.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi Sasserclubb and welcome to the business forums.

I can certainly assist with your account status and billing concerns. Please private message me your full address, phone number associated with your account and the your full name.