Skip to content
misheeba's profile

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 28th, 2015 8:00 AM

Comcast won't cancel business contract without ETF

I need help for a dispute with Comcast Business over closing my business early therefore cancelling my account.

Comcast is ignoring that I closed my business of one year because of financial woes and is trying to hold me hostage to a contract with them for 2 more years. They continue to bill me each month even though I contacted them in mid-October of my decision to close the business as of October 31st, 2015. 

I contacted Comcast October 2014 for phone & internet service at my newly established restaurant. During the course of the year I fully paid my bills on time as good standing customer. I was unaware that in the event of having to close the business I would still be liable for the remaining months of the term. How can they charge me for service that I am not receiving after I have left the premises?  

I am bewildered and angered that a large corporation such as Comcast would essentially try to crush an already broken small business with this tactic. I am already in heavy debt from the failed business and Comcast now wants paid for services they will not even be providing.

This type of strong-arming from a large corporation towards a small business is despicable.

I need help and guidance on how to navigate this treachery so that, for myself and others in the future, contracts become null & void once a small business closes it's doors.

If this plea is not successful then my next step is Change.org and my local government representatives.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thats how a contract work, it's binding. 

Or did I miss something?

Are you claiming hard luck case? Tough, it's a contract you signed/accepted.

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

It is crazy....signed contract or not things change and with the ETF not being pro rated is crazy. Having to pay thousands of dollars for early termination is insane!

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I called it’s evil, period! 

Be aware and read the contents of their contract very careful if you are about to sign a package deal with special promotion offer. They only want you to know about the lower bill to pay, but they would not point out what you will end up paying after 6 months, 12 months, later (on the phone, or verbally)… I agreed that reading the contract is a must, but at least the Sale Agent should mention to us about the change first? And where about to see it in the contract? That’s call honesty, but of course they are lacking of it. So sad that many big Corporations are so desperate to trap the consumers with the help of their employees to feed their greedy! 

Never will doing business with them again in my life time, yes! That’s right, TIME’S UP! 

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi Awesomevideo916 and welcome to the business forums.

If you're having issues disconnecting your account or with your agreement, I can look into it. Please private message me your full name, the name of your business, the full service address and the phone number associated with your account.

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Comcast_Phil we would also like you to assist us with our issue as well. 

We had BVE (Business Voice Edge) and business class internet for at least 2 years prior to 2015 but the bandwidth was not robust enough to carry our facility's devices.  After trying many upgrades different modems etc., we were convinced by a certain Enterprise Sales Rep to upgrade to dedicated fiber. At the time we had at least 5 different Comcast accounts in the same building and we were assured that, after the fiber turn-up, all bills would be consolidated and we would see the savings going forward.  The Comcast Sales Rep stated, "Besides providing you with brand new phones. I will place this on fiber and reduce your cost by $132 a month. Every $ counts!". In essence we would get new phones as a bonus for switching to dedicated fiber internet.

We were also told that we would get new account numbers because of the change in internet service but we were not told that they were trying to make the BVE account re-start its contract term.  Now it's 2018, three years later, and nothing was consolidated. Worse yet, our bill(s) are consistently and excessively over the original quote. We have reached out to sales and billing many times to no avail and in a period of three years nothing has been resolved with our billing issue. The Sales Rep has moved on with bigger and better things and Comcast is practically saying, "oh Well".   Now that we have become fed up and switched our phone service, Comcast wants to hold us to a 5 year BVE phone contract that we've technically already had for 5 years! Not to mention that we are keeping all 4 of our other services with Comcast.   Who can resolve this issue??

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

Hi ITDEPT and welcome to the business forums.

I do apologize in regard to your experience. I would like to assist with your billing concerns. Please private message me your first and last name, the name of your business, the full address of your business location and the phone number associated with your business account.